financial advisors?

There are workarounds, but they are a real PITA. I occasionally wonder if it is worth the effort and whether I should just move everything to Fido which would be much easier.

If you go to Fido would that be self managed or using the Fido GO Robo Account? Have you any good or bad about Fido GO?

Like at FIDO I am always having to move my money from SPAXX to FZDXX but at least SPAXX pays a fair amount.

Last edited:
Presently she is proposing various mutual funds to complement this REIT. Her approach is that the Blue Rock REIT will help offset inflation and provide great growth while the mutual funds provide long term stability if given time to grow despite the ups and downs.

She's getting some kind of compensation to push such a stinker.

There are plenty of other REITs w/o front-load fees or 2% ongoing fees.

Keep in mind REIT dividends will normally be ordinary income, though you should be able to take the 20% qualified business income deduction.

The liquidity issue is another red flag.

I "got sold" private REITs (& BDCs, & MLPs) which during the sales period were fully liquid.

It was only after they closed that the yields started dropping & redemptions became increasingly restricted.

E.g. first to quarterly redemption only, then a lottery to win a spot for a quarterly redemption, then only in the event of death or permanent disability of the owner.

I dumped what I could through a 3rd party auction site for a fraction of what I paid.

But some are 'zombie' partnerships...no dividends have been paid in years but the management still gets to enjoy hefty fees while supposedly shopping the underlying assets for sale...and I cannot take a loss until the partnership formally terminates.

Last edited:
I'm not sure TIPRX is even a REIT. The promoter advertises it as a "Total Income+ Real Estate Fund."

On the follow up call a couple of days ago I told the F/A soliciting my business that I was going another direction in large part due to my being uncomfortable with Blue Rock and how hard she was pushing to use that as the cornerstone of my portfolio. Just now she sent this link in an obvious effort to make me question my choice and perhaps to have me eat crow.

Despite what the earnings in the link show, I put more faith in the recommendations I’ve received in this thread.

https://bluerock-21139526.hs-sites....b6A&utm_content=251367718&utm_source=hs_email

Thank you for the suggestions. I have purchased and read all of those books. They certainly pulled back the curtain and showed that things can be done very simply. Regardless, I lack the confidence to do it on my own. I know what things I’m good at, and I don’t feel investing and making the withdrawals from the right places at the right time is one of the things I’m knowledgeable enough in to do it right.

For a fixed fee advisor, check out Evanson Asset. Fees start at $2500 per year, regardless of portfolio size (but complexity matters). They use mainly DFA funds which are only accessible through an advisor. They provide the kind of support (i.e. minimal, unless you want more) that you seem to be looking for.

We have one, local private office. She was with my folks and helped with all of the estate stuff after last parent died. She has also helped us move our work stuff over so we have everything in one place. We meet with her once a year to review.
She is very good, not expensive, CPA, certified Financial Planner.

What does she charge ?

Back
Top Bottom