Medicare-Medigap Preparation Question

Murph

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm going with either Aetna or Cigna Plan N in Ohio this July. For those of you with Plan N experience, how exactly does the whole process work once I have the coverage? Assume a scenario where I use a doctor or lab and I've exceeded the deductible amount on the first visit; I also assume that the doctor's office may request the $20 co-pay up front.

1. Do they bill Medicare directly for their 80%?
2. Do they bill the Medigap company directly for their share?
3. Do I pay them everything and then have to file claims with Medicare and/or the Medigap company?

4. (side question): Are the monthly premiums really billed separately by Medicare, the Medigap company, and Part D company? Seems like a lot of bother.

Thanks in advance!

I'm going with either Aetna or Cigna Plan N in Ohio this July. For those of you with Plan N experience, how exactly does the whole process work once I have the coverage? Assume a scenario where I use a doctor or lab and I've exceeded the deductible amount on the first visit; I also assume that the doctor's office may request the $20 co-pay up front.

1. Do they bill Medicare directly for their 80%?
2. Do they bill the Medigap company directly for their share?
3. Do I pay them everything and then have to file claims with Medicare and/or the Medigap company?

4. (side question): Are the monthly premiums really billed separately by Medicare, the Medigap company, and Part D company? Seems like a lot of bother.

Thanks in advance!
No experience with Plan N, but in general:

1. Yes
2. I believe it is sent directly to Medicare first, which then forwards to Medigap.
3. No, should not have to do so.
4. Yes

I have paid the $20 upfront before but also have had them bill me....

The interesting thing is sometimes when billed it is $18 somethinig... not $20..

Other questions have been answered...

Mine is UHC/AARP.... it was only a few dollars more and they do not close the books...

Back
Top Bottom