Flanagan turns bearish

cashflo2u2

Recycles dryer sheets
At least his stand in Bill Flanagan, who sits in for BB whenever things get hot. I assume he speaks for BB. He said today the consumer is tapped out and can't rescue the economy. MacDonalds customers down, Atlantic City gambling revenues down for first time in history, etc. He says big money wall street types ripped off the system and took a walk with multi-millions in their pockets. Bob Brinker's recent newsletter is so far off the mark in its bullish assessment of the economy it is a joke.

Bob Brinker

Does Bob Brinker still have a buy signal for the market if the S&P 500 is below 1450?

Brinker bullish as of Jan '08 newsletter

Does Bob Brinker still have a buy signal for the market if the S&P 500 is below 1450?

Yes, as of the January 2008 newsletter.

Above 1450 or so, he favors a dollar-cost-average approach.
This was true as of Jan 2, 2008, and I don't believe there has been any email alert since then that says otherwise.

A high ranking executive at Blackstone (Bob Doll) was also as of 1/4/08 on "Wealthtrack" with Consuelo Mack.

Regarding the first post above, I'm not sure the stand-ins speak for Brinker. A caller once asked about this, and Bob insisted that he didn't even select who would replace him on any given day. A caller complained about Larry Kudlow, and Bob angrily refuted any connection with what he said, or any authority over who replaced him on "Moneytalk" on any given day.

Regarding the first post above, I'm not sure the stand-ins speak for Brinker.

I hope that's the case. Today's fill-in, Flannigan, is a joke. He was so full of misinformation on simple IRA facts it wasn't funny. Couldn't even accurately answer a guy's basic question about the differences between:

1) Regular, tax deductible 401K contributions,
2) After-tax contributions to the 401K
3) Roth 401K

Bob Doll was also _A Bull_

Yes, as of the January 2008 newsletter.

A high ranking executive at Blackstone (Bob Doll) was also as of 1/4/08 on "Wealthtrack" with Consuelo Mack.

I failed to complete my thought in the above post. I meant to say that Bob Doll was a bull (as expressed on 1/4/08), along with Brinker.

At least his stand in Bill Flanagan, ....

My I suggest you change the title of the thread. The guests do not speak for Brinker at all. The guests AND Bob have stated that in the past.

If Brinker didn't say it, it is not fair to connect his name with the statement.

-ERD50

Bob Brinker's Stand In, NOT BOB BRINKER

I didn't mean to post an erroneous title. I would edit it if I knew how. The FAQ shows to click on an edit symbol (a pair of scissors) but I can't find it. Bob Brinker's recent advice about the S & P 500 attractive for purchase in the mid 1450's has not been recinded by him.

FWIW, I think the S&P 500 is now a screaming buy but I don't have a radio show.:D

Been a subscriber for years ... Brinker's still bullish. No bulletins or EMAILs to the contrary.

FWIW I can't listen to Flanagan ... would rather listen to the dryer running.

I didn't mean to post an erroneous title. I would edit it if I knew how. The FAQ shows to click on an edit symbol (a pair of scissors) but I can't find it. Bob Brinker's recent advice about the S & P 500 attractive for purchase in the mid 1450's has not been recinded by him.

To change the title, I think a moderator could assist you, try posting to one of them. The 'edit' time frame has expired.

Also, Brinker normally is looking at long term trends in the market. He does not go in/out in a period of days/weeks or even months. So, if a year from now, we are at 1600, that is a 10% gain over a 1450 buy. A dip to 1400 in the interim doesn't change that.

None of that means he will be right or wrong, it just explains his approach.

-ERD50

Nice bait and switch post. I wouldda skipped this post if it said "Flanigan Bearish".

I made the change in the thread title. I am a Brinker follower also and sometimes I think he has a crystal ball.

Tomcat98

Oh....I shoulda skipped this thread. Surprised (a bit-pleasantly) at the support for Brinker here.

I hope that's the case. Today's fill-in, Flannigan, is a joke. He was so full of misinformation on simple IRA facts it wasn't funny. Couldn't even accurately answer a guy's basic question about the differences between:

1) Regular, tax deductible 401K contributions,
2) After-tax contributions to the 401K
3) Roth 401K

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom