Ford Motor Health Care

M

Marketneutral

the GM story went over so well..............

According to the paper, salaried workers will see their annual deductibles increase by as much as 33 percent, and their monthly premiums will rise an average of about 30 percent. Spouses who have coverage elsewhere will now pay $121 a month for health and dental coverage. Stepchildren of employees will no longer be eligible for coverage if another parent is legally responsible for the cost. And beginning in 2007, retirees will be on the hook for all health-care cost increases, the Journal reported.

http://www.cfo.com/article.cfm/5324327/c_5322534?f=home_todayinfinance

:eek:

Shouldn't really suprise anyone, this has been coming for some time.

frayne said:
Shouldn't really suprise anyone, this has been coming for some time. 

I see the same thing happening to social security and medicare but no one believes me. 

How much will your FIRE plans be throw off if social security is reduced, age is raised or it totally disappears?

Plan for the worst - hope for the best.   :D

I believe the car makers make our last big export item. To bad we can not export financial planners and lawyers.  We would be running a trade surplus vice a negative -68B month after month trade deficit.   :LOL:

>>I see the same thing happening to social security and medicare but no one believes me.

What do you mean "nobody believes you". I bet if you took a survey, about 75% of the population probably asssumes that social security will be reduced in someway(age increased, benefits decreased, income limits etc). Its pretty common knowledge. Whats not to believe?

When I paw through this board - #1 or #2 item listed for FIRE planning is:

Estimated Social Security Payment

---------
No, I do not believe 75% of the population agrees it will change.

Just something for the 40 and below folks to think about. Would be easier to run with and without. Lets see how this plays out.

:D

Marketneutral said:
...I believe the car makers make our last big export item...

I seriously doubt that US car exports amount to much (excluding US to Canada and Canada to US as it acts as one market).
Export of US aircraft is a BIG item.

We can't export lawyers and planners for the same reason we can't make and export cars.  Costs to much.  India is doing legal work for us because they under cut our prices.  As the emerging nations prosper they will need financial planning and it won't come from the USA if we are the high cost provider.
That's reality sports fans. :-\

JPatrick said:
We can't export lawyers and planners for the same reason we can't make and export cars.  Costs to much.  India is doing legal work for us because they under cut our prices.  As the emerging nations prosper they will need financial planning and it won't come from the USA if we are the high cost provider.
That's reality sports fans. :-\

Please do not mess up my dreams! :D

Marshac said:
If you become discouraged, and give up looking for a job, you are no longer unemployed. A better number to watch is the labor force participation rate IMO.

Yes, the traditional figure also does not include the increasing number of people who are self employed. After a quick look at the Department of Labor web site I couldn't find a current estimate of the LFPR . . . if you know of one, kindly post it along with some historic context. I think either number will show US unemployment to be quite low (notwithstanding 30+ years of job losses to those evil foreigners).

farmerEd said:
>>I see the same thing happening to social security and medicare but no one believes me. 

What do you mean "nobody believes you". I bet if you took a survey, about 75% of the population probably asssumes that social security will be reduced in someway(age increased, benefits decreased, income limits etc). Its pretty common knowledge. Whats not to believe?

I agree it is "common knowledge". I only hope that I am old enough so
that the "adjustments" will have no impact.

JG

Marketneutral said:
It simply creates fake jobs that are counted as real jobs for employment accounting.  Purpose is Operation Save USD.  

Oh great, another conspiracy theorist. ::)

. . . Yrs to Go said:
Oh great, another conspiracy theorist.   ::)

These jobs are a formula they are not real jobs that an actual person works it. It is a number on a piece of paper. The consipiracy is this is allowed to happen to make the unemployment numbers look better. Do not even get me started on CPI/PPI.

WhodaThunkit said:
You have such a refreshingly different point of view!   So I am a little curious -- are you a native-born American citizen?  Doesn't really matter, just curious here.

I am a Yank that has lived in Australia, Japan, Thailand, Korea, Singapore, PNG, Germany, France, UK, Panama, Mexico, Saudia Arabia and Bahrain.

I am called the retired barfly.  I travel with the weather.   :D

Marketneutral said:
I am a Yank that has lived in Australia, Japan, Thailand, Korea, Singapore, PNG, Germany, France, UK, Panama, Mexico, Saudia Arabia and Bahrain.

I am called the retired barfly.  I travel with the weather.   :D

Marketneutral:

You retired at age 29, have a Phd, and now find that you're a world traveler.

You wouldn't B.S. us now, would you? :D

Marketneutral:

You wouldn't B.S. us now, would you?

He's my rookie troll of the year - no BS.

ex-Jarhead said:
Marketneutral:

You wouldn't B.S. us now, would you? :D

Travel was job related. Most Americans do not want to move off their couch. Or leave the comfort of their hometown. :D

I appear to be the only one that shares anything here. Think I am done answering the personal questions. :D

I love Mr One Liner above. Talk about a troll.

He adds "NOTHING" to conversations or to this board.

How do you think I was able to profit from the Asian Crisis?

Maybe I lived there and saw it coming? Perhaps? No?

Americans - just a bunch of Mr Magoos. :LOL:

Marketneutral said:
Travel was job related.  Most Americans do not want to move off their couch.  Or leave the comfort of their hometown.    :D

I appear to be the only one that shares anything here.  Think I am done answering the personal questions.   :D

I love Mr One Liner above.  Talk about a troll.

He adds "NOTHING" to conversations or to this board. 

I don't exactly know what to make of this but it appears someone
struck a nerve.

JG

I getting tired of Mr Pook Me With a Stick all the time.

I share something and am told I am a liar.

I think it is time for me to move on and give it up here.

You share something and then get smacked.

Best paying jobs are just people do not want and those jobs require a ton of travelling for extended periods - most Americans - do not want to away from home more then a day.

Marketneutral said:
I getting tired of Mr Pook Me With a Stick all the time.

I share something and am told I am a liar.

I think it is time for me to move on and give it up here.

You share something and then get smacked.

Best paying jobs are just people do not want and those jobs require a ton of travelling for extended periods - most Americans - do not want to away from home more then a day.

Hey man, lighten up or we'll have to send you to a "neutral" corner.
If you hang around here, you're gonna get "Pooked". :)

JG

Thanks.

I am not use it. I guess I should get a thicker skin - on the other hand this is a board to discuss FIRE - why should I?

I know envy is a little green monster. My posts are to use history as a guide to invest for the future - that is what I did and it works. 8)

Do not put others down - pull yourself up. If you try and focus you can achieve your goals. If you notice the ones that put others down are the ones working the counter at Popeye's at 80? The meanest people I have come across are older folks that are still working. The world screwed them and owes them something. :-\

Stop that attitide now take that energy for FIRE.

Back
Top Bottom