Free Car

Nitpick mode:

That service doesn't provide free cars; they claim to provide--for a fee--information on programs that either provide you a car or pay you to drive "your" car. Note there aren't any details, like how many people actually can do this or how they are selected.

I am reminded strongly of the enthusiastic guy on cable TV commercials...he wears a suit covered in question marks and hypes his book on how to get money from government programs.

I actually signed up for something similar when I was 18: This service would provide a list of college financial aid for a fee...all I had to do was resell the service to other college applicants. I think they quit business promptly after I paid them.

Anyway, my guess is that the "free car" thing is information marketing studies that provide cars possibly combined with some info on contract jobs that involve transporting rental vehicles to new locations or delivery.

My aunt and uncle got into some marketing sampling a while back. They didn't get cars, but they tested some other stuff and weren't allowed to talk about the product while they had it. They also had to log detailed information about use and impressions.

There's no such thing as a free lunch car.

The tone of that website's pitch reminded me of the ads that promise $1000 per week stuffing envelopes at home. If it was legit, they wouldn't be advertising it.

I am reminded strongly of the enthusiastic guy on cable TV commercials...he wears a suit covered in question marks and hypes his book on how to get money from government programs.

Matthew Lesko. I used to call him "The Riddler."

You can get inexpensive but reliable cars inexpensively. American cars, especially, tend to depreciate fast but if you choose well, you'll have basic transportation for years.

They're probably selling you information about companies that give you cars covered in advertising. I've seen some of those around here in Silicon Valley. They're generally hip trendy cars (Focus when it was new, VW New Beetle, Mini, etc) that are covered in the advertising for one product or company. They want you to drive a lot and in the "right" places.

Here's a link to these kind of companies. However, realize that each of you who clicks on it owes me $100. :D

http://freebies.about.com/cs/freecars/

Back
Top Bottom