Free FICO Score from BofA

Drake3287

Full time employment: Posting here.
Some of you may have already seen this notification. BofA is now offering a free monthly FICO score to BofA credit card customers that have an online banking account. It's only available on the home banking website and is found under the "tools and investing" tab.

I'm not embarrassed to say that I finally hit the 850 mark.

Thanks.
Even though I believe credit scoring is a big-time scam, it's something we're stuck with and besides, I am curious! The BofA score says it's a FICO® Score 8 based on TransUnion Data. My BofA score is exactly equal to my Penfed score which is the FICO® Score NG 2, so at least they're consistent.

Some of you may have already seen this notification. BofA is now offering a free monthly FICO score to BofA credit card customers that have an online banking account. It's only available on the home banking website and is found under the "tools and investing" tab.

I'm not embarrassed to say that I finally hit the 850 mark.

I happened to look at ours last night. When you get close to 850, there is a lot of noise movement. 748, 742, 736 in last months--basically varying (I think) with how much we carry on credit cards during the grace period each month. Surprising, as we've been at about 7 or 8% utilization maximum--but slightly over 25% on our main card, which could have been the driver.

Not going to lose any sleep over it.

I'll never figure that one out. I charge everything each month for the reward credits but pay it off in full each month. Haven't paid a penny in credit card fee's in 20+ years.

When I bought a new car last year it was 830, what made it jump to 850 I'll never know and no one ever seems to have an answer. It's always interesting to apply for a loan and see their jaw drop when they see such a high score.

Hadn't noticed this offer until you posted. I signed up both my spouse and me. Hers was 844 and mine was 827 so I better keep my mouth shut or I'll never hear the end of it:)

My BofA score is 13 points lower than the ones provided on Credit Karma.

Thanks you for posting this Drake. I didn't know about it, and signed up. I think it's a sign of the rarefied company we keep in this forum that, due to comparisons with the other reported scores in this thread, I was a bit disappointed to discover that my score is "only" 833. However, considering that my 6 or 7 previous mortgages have now fallen off my credit report, and the only accounts remaining are 3 credit cards (1 of which is hardly ever used), I think it's a satisfactory result.

The irony is that I may never need a good credit score again.

I believe that all CCs now offer a peek @ your FICO score. Mine fluctuates from month to month for no seemingly good reason. No problem, I am not planning on any use of my credit in the future.

Not all, I have one that does and one that doesn't.

Thanks you for posting this Drake. I didn't know about it, and signed up. I think it's a sign of the rarefied company we keep in this forum that, due to comparisons with the other reported scores in this thread, I was a bit disappointed to discover that my score is "only" 833. H....

Darn it, poor mary lou was only second runner up at this year's miss america pageant, and her little sister only got a silver at the international mathematics olympiad! (Yeah, the company is pretty rarified!) :flowers: :angel:

Discover has had this Transunion FICO score for a while. Think I got this card about a year ago. 850 is the max.

792 low
809 high

for the last year. We bought a new year, and used cash from two separate checking accounts. It will be interesting to see how the score reacts to that. I'm guessing it will drop.

I'm guessing the majority of people on this forum have high FICO scores. We've all basically been watching our financial situation for many years and it shows.

Darn it, poor mary lou was only second runner up at this year's miss america pageant, and her little sister only got a silver at the international mathematics olympiad! (Yeah, the company is pretty rarified!) :flowers: :angel:
Yep, pretty much :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom