Hey, Discover is Trying to Bribe Me!

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I received the notice below in an email from Discover card. I receive my monthly statements each month via snail mail. I don't believe that I will accept as I believe that $5.00 is much too low. I'm holding out for at least $25. It will save them that much in paper alone, not to mention postage.

Try Paperless Statements and receive $5 Cashback Bonus.
spacer50.gif

Get rewards and make security a priority.

FIVE WHOLE dollars? wow I almost fainted...:LOL:

$25 might cut into their profit margin :( or something equally ridiculous.

I personally like to get my credit card statements in hardcopy. You never know when the computer might burp. And I do keep hardcopies for 3 years.

They'll probably start charging for paper statements before they pay $25. Take the money and run.

Yeah, my DW's credit union decided to charge $1/month for paper statements a few years back. Carrot or stick I guess.

I received the notice below in an email from Discover card. I receive my monthly statements each month via snail mail. I don't believe that I will accept as I believe that $5.00 is much too low. I'm holding out for at least $25. It will save them that much in paper alone, not to mention postage.

Try Paperless Statements and receive $5 Cashback Bonus.
spacer50.gif

Get rewards and make security a priority.

Is this $5 a month, each and every month, you get a "Paperless Statement" or just a one time deal? For $5 a month I sure would go Paperless - of course all my statements are now "Paperless".

They'll probably start charging for paper statements before they pay $25. Take the money and run.

Yeah, my DW's credit union decided to charge $1/month for paper statements a few years back. Carrot or stick I guess.

Yes, if you want to get paperless, you might as well take the money... I just looked at my phone bill and they were charging one dollar for a paper bill and never told me when it happened.... AND it was taxable so I had to pay 8 cents more to the state!!!

That's the usual amount I've received from various companies.
I get email notices that my bill is available to view on line.
Paperless is a good idea - no paper in your mail box that can be stolen to steal your identity; reduces energy use.

It costs around 40 cents, if I recall directly, to send statements. $25 dollars will probably be laughed at; sorry.

Back
Top Bottom