How much did you lose today?

Down $144k today -

Congratulations! If you lost only the same % as the S&P, you have a almost a $6 million stock portfolio. Good going man!

I have a more conservative portfolio; it was down a bit less than 1%.

Ha

Last edited:
Congratulations! If you lost only the same % as the S&P, you have a almost a $6 million stock portfolio. Good going man!

I have a more conservative portfolio; it was down a bit less than 1%.

Ha

No, less than that. I currently have a very heavy REIT allocation. The RMZ was down 5.6% today.

I see; still you are clearly a heavy hitter, and as I remember you saved and invested it without much help from options, huge residence gains or other windfalls.

Ha

Sleeping well at night, ...glad my buckets are in place and functioning.

I was down 2% for the day. I am down 5% from my portfolio high.
I am up a meager 3.3% for the year.
I think I would have been up around 9% if I had cashed out at the top. :D
But I am determined not to be a [-]dirty[/-] market timer anymore.:angel:

Do what you may market gods ... I've got my asset allocation set.

I normally never look at the gain/loss from one day to the next, but after seeing this thread I had a look.

Down 68k.

About 2/3 of that loss was in my single concentrated position that I'm locked into until 2009.

In my 'properly' allocated portfolio I was down 22k, or about 1.5%.

Still up for the year, though.

I went down about $15,000. The market was expecting 1/4 rate reduction but it really wanted a 1/2. It didn't get what it wanted so it threw a temper tantrum
mad.gif
!!

Don't know. Don't really care. But I did take the first step in converting all our IRA accounts to an all-index AA portfolio by tossing some cash from a stock sale into a balanced fund. Figured that I might as well start by buying on a big down day.

How do you all know this already? For many/most mutual funds you won't know until tomorrow. .....

I download all quotes (stocks and mutual funds) into Quicken at 5:30 every evening. The portfolio view shows the net gain/loss at the bottom. I lost $8,400, but I'm 54% cash.

How do you all know this already? For many/most mutual funds you won't know until tomorrow...

I have a listing of my mutual funds in Yahoo. It updates in the early evening so if I'm inclined to know how my funds performed for the day, I just plug the amounts in my spreadsheet and I know my paper gains or losses within seconds.

Down $144k today - REIT heavy at the moment, always 100% individual stocks. Looks like
I am winning so far, but no sweat. GE raised dividend 11% as expected, no change to
fundamentals. I have had a lot of $30k - $80k daily swings in the last few months, mostly
cancelling each other out. Since I live on the dividends, I see today as a non-event. Now
if GE / JNJ / PG / KIM / GGP / VNO / WRE start cutting dividends (or show signs of
doing so), then I will be concerned.

You da man, Cycling!! I think you were the winner. I look forward to the day I have six-figure swings on a regular basis.

... I look forward to the day I have six-figure swings on a regular basis.

A glutton for punishment??!

I'm down about 1.1% for the day, but as pointed out by another poster, it's all on paper now and since I'm not drawing down yet, it's just a number. Now, if it keeps going down until 2011 (when I plan to start my withdrawals) I may be singing another song!

And I dont even look when I know the market is down...some of you really enjoy being punished....:p

Well since I manage money for a living, it comes as a job requirement.............:eek:

Yesterday, I was down tens of thousands of dollars which doesn't bother me at all. In a strange twist, I am most happy about the few hundred dollars I made by buying on the dip within 15 minutes of the market close yesterday and selling this morning on the dead-cat bounce.

In other words, a short-term gain of $300 is worth much more to me than a $60,000 loss. I must be insane.

Back
Top Bottom