how old are you?

Nords said:
Start stretching!  "Stretching Scientifically" and Jolie Bookspan's articles (scroll about halfway down the page).

I've got the earlier edition of Kurz's book. Great book. I've been using it for 5 years or so. Originally I hoped to be able to do fore and aft splits. I never made it, although I am within 6" or so, crotch to ground. So far, I haven’t been able to get the last bit of stretch out of my hamstrings. What really impresses me are the young women who can stand on one foot, and raise the other leg straight up and hold it alongside their head. Now that is a feat!

Kurz is pretty impressive with his lateral splits between chairs too.

Ha

Old enough to know better, but young enough to say "Ah F**k it! Stuff the rules and lets go for it" every once in a while.

nords, stretching should only be done after you have warmed up your muscles.

Runners know that after a race they must stretch to prevent muscle crampng, to stretch beforehand risks tearing.

Tai Chi is" Old Man's Kung Fu," it is all about stretching, but in a controlled flowing manner, I would recommend it to everyone.

Maximillion said:
nords, stretching should only be done after you have warmed up your muscles.
Runners know that after a race they must stretch to prevent muscle crampng, to stretch beforehand risks tearing.
Tai Chi is" Old Man's Kung Fu," it is all about stretching, but in a controlled flowing manner, I would recommend it to everyone.
Thanks for the "advice", Max, but about all I'm learning from you so far is that you'd learn a lot from reading the book before lecturing me on the subject.

Perhaps you could first ask if I warm up before stretching or ask whether the book says anything about warming before stretching, but then you'd miss the opportunity to lecture me.

Although I'm impressed that you've simultaneously managed to insult the practitioners of both Tai Chi and Kung Fu.

Nords said:
Although I'm impressed that you've simultaneously managed to insult the practitioners of both Tai Chi and Kung Fu.

Chai Tea sounds good right about now. Not sure what it would taste like if it were insulted.

chronologically 49, yikes; intellectually 5, i like to play dumb--it seems to throw the other guy off & it amuses me; physically 34 if you discount the grey hair and arthritis; emotionally 16, peter pan at heart; spiritually prehistoric: i've been told by numerous odd people over the years that i'm a very old soul. but i think that just means i'm a slow learner.

57, but like someone else said, on the outside look <50, but on the inside feel >60. I'm not sure this is a good thing, unless the young appearance helps in getting a job later in life, if needed ::).

Just hit 62 and have undergone mindset change. Spent years complaining about lack of investment options for social security, now have adopted battle cry of don't go messin' with my check. First one coming in May.

poboy said:
Just hit 62 and have undergone mindset change. Spent years  complaining about lack of investment options for social security, now have adopted battle cry of don't go messin' with my check. First one coming in May.
Come on in; the water's fine. ;)

Enuff2Eat said:
so according to Sheryl, the age break down in this forum is as follows...
~20%      less than 40 years old
~80%      40 or above
sound fair?? any objection??

not fair, and yes, i object to being in that 80% group

oh no...the wife will 51 this year...and I'll hit 50.....hoping for a layoff, severance, and ER!!

Then I'll finally play some more with the Big Blue Dot at

www.ginnunggap.com

31.  It is great to see other people in their 30's with the same interest of retiring at an early age.

55, pushing hard on 56. Looking forward to retirement at 58 since I was 33. Hoped there would be a chance to go earlier but it's not gonna happen.

58 --

and both surprised and amazed at the ages of other respondents.

Back
Top Bottom