How to Contact Amazon Help from Human

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I bought a Kindle Book that is almost illegible and I want to return it. I have done this a few times in the past. The Amazon website still lists that things bought within the last week are returnable, but when I go to to try this, the return possibility is no longer shown. I am within the one week return window with this purchase.

Anyone one know how I can get a human to get help?

Ha

I did it once by googling amazon customer service phone number - got someone to answer

I bought tax software from Amazon that didn't do what I bought it for (correctly process my PTC). It also didn't have a return option, so I kept clicking around until I found a way to contact them via the web site. That created a 'ticket', and they processed the return (or enabled me to do it..not sure which).

I click on the "help" tab, then in the main help screen do a search for "contact us". Clicking on the "contact us" links a couple of times leads to a screen where you can chat online or enter your phone number and they will call you. I've done this and they call quickly. I've also disputed orders by email, they always respond quickly and favorably.

Thanks to all for the help. Apparently it is a temporary issue making it impossible for them to process returns and refunds at present.

Ha

I click on the "help" tab, then in the main help screen do a search for "contact us". Clicking on the "contact us" links a couple of times leads to a screen where you can chat online or enter your phone number and they will call you. I've done this and they call quickly. I've also disputed orders by email, they always respond quickly and favorably.
I did the online chat thing, too, for an incorrectly shipped item and got helped immediately and to my satisfaction.

Amazon is pretty good at handling returns and issues on your behalf - have done a couple returns over the years, and they were all handled quickly and to my satisfaction. ebay on the other hand, is difficult at best - especially if you don't sign in as a member to make a purchase (I learned the hard way from that mistake). ebay could take a lesson from Amazon. I use ebay frequently, as Amazon has become expensive with adding shipping charges on small purchases (ebay is mostly free shipping). With ebay - you give them your money and you take your chances, but the pricing is the lure. I've bought on ebay in the past, and the package arrived as an Amazon prime purchase (guess the Amazon Prime member is using his account to resell on ebay for a profit - Prime members pay no shipping charges, his profit).

......... I've bought on ebay in the past, and the package arrived as an Amazon prime purchase (guess the Amazon Prime member is using his account to resell on ebay for a profit - Prime members pay no shipping charges, his profit).
That's a slick trick.

Slightly off topic, but for getting to a human customer service person quickly, I have long used an app called Fast Customer. It has usually worked very well for me.

FastCustomer

Back
Top Bottom