I can't get on Vanguard website

HadEnuff

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anybody else having trouble accessing the Vanguard site?

I have been trying all day.

I even got an email from them saying my statements are ready, but when I hit the link, I get " Safari can't open the page"...

I even got an email from them saying my statements are ready, but when I hit the link, I get " Safari can't open the page"...

I just got on - no problem - I use Chrome.

I just got on - no problem - I use Chrome.

Thanks for the info...

I use Safari, so maybe it's a Safari issue...

Any Safari users out there having issues getting on Vanguard's site?

It might be Safari. I used Firefox without issue.

Maybe they took your money and ran. Lol

I had a problem a few times with other FI and I panicked and that thought was terrifying.

I hope you find the issue to access and all is well soon.

Maybe they took your money and ran. Lol

I had a problem a few times with other FI and I panicked and that thought was terrifying.

I hope you find the issue to access and all is well soon.

yeah,,, I don't like not being able to look at my money.

Well...at least some number on a page that is supposed to represent my money.

If money even exists anymore .

I got on right after 6:00 pm West Coast time. Chromebook

*all was well
ie; my money was there

I have Safari & no problem getting on the site just now.

When I've occasionally had that problem on other sites, I've found that "Clear History" (in Safari preferences), then restarting my computer usually fix the issue.

Last edited:
I have Safari & no problem getting on the site just now.

When I've occasionally had that problem on other sites, I've found that "Clear History" (in Safari preferences), then restarting my computer usually fix the issue.

I did what you suggested and now I get this message. When I type in "Vanguard.com" the URL gets changed to "investor.vanguard.com" and Safari identifies it as a fraudulent site, trying to steam my passwords, etc.

when you log in to Vanguard, what does your URL say?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.19.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.19.20 PM.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 13
I've never seen anything like the thumbnail you show.

When I type vanguard.com, it changes to:
https://investor.vanguard.com/home

I believe that's what I've always seen since I have selected "Personal Investors" as my "site preference" for logging in.

Last edited:
I did what you suggested and now I get this message. When I type in "Vanguard.com" the URL gets changed to "investor.vanguard.com" and Safari identifies it as a fraudulent site, trying to steam my passwords, etc.

Did you make any changes to Safari, or go to any other sites you normally do not go to recently? It looks like something might have "infected" your browser (or possibly your machine) to redirect URLs to fraudulent places.

Try typing in "https://vanguard.com", does the same thing happen?

I didn't get any notification like that either. After reading this thread last night, I logged into Vanguard using Chromium Edge as usual, and everything was normal. I got distracted looking at the dividends and recording them, and forgot to come back to the thread and mention that everything was normal for me on that site (oops! sorry, my bad). :blush: I think jollystomper's post just above this one, has good advice.
After logging in to Vanguard, my URL starts with https://personal.vanguard.com

I would go to settings and delete all history and all saved password/cookies. Make changes to never save them and always do it manually. Then try to get on I would say that will do it.

I would go to settings and delete all history and all saved password/cookies. Make changes to never save them and always do it manually. Then try to get on I would say that will do it.

yep, seems OK now.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Kinda stressful...

Back
Top Bottom