I don't believe this... "Early retirement maybe the kiss of Death"..

Obviously phony research funded by some devious mega-corp or the US Chamber of Commerce, trying to scare those still working to stay at it .;)
You need to keep working until the company has no more use for your services.

Might even be a grain of truth in my conspiracy theory on this.

people who work high level managerial jobs have a harder transition into retirement. They are driven and defined by what they do, and once they retire they somehow struggle with identity.

Certainly not a universal, but that seems to be the case rather more often than not, in my experience. Well over half of those in high level positions that I have known would fit in this group.

Fortunately, those were not the ones I was friends with!

Might even be a grain of truth in my conspiracy theory on this.

But, of course! How dare you leave before megacorp decides to throw you out. My megacorp used to have a corporate policy on how you could quit (notification requirements, etc.). This is not a joke. Unfortunately, common sense and corporate lawyers caught up to them before I had a chance to violate the policy. :LOL:

.......... My megacorp used to have a corporate policy on how you could quit (notification requirements, etc.)........
At MegaMotors we were not even allowed to die without permission. :LOL:

This plays into the financial management companies agenda. You must keep working longer because you will not have enough money to retire. OR our 1.5% management fee will be larger and we need the money. I am constantly amazed at the folks who pay that 1-1.5% fee and think that they cannot do their own investing.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1472326005.977982.jpg

Back
Top Bottom