IRS PHOENIX FORUM

crazy connie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Taxpayer Advocacy Panel Community Town Hall Meetings
Taxpayers Can Share Suggestions, Concerns with IRS

The Taxpayer Advocacy Panel (TAP), in conjunction with the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS), is pleased to announce a series of Town Hall Meetings during March 2007 in three cities throughout the United States. In each session, a panel of TAP members will solicit input from citizens on how they want to interact with the IRS now and in the future. National Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson, who heads the Taxpayer Advocate Service and has oversight responsibility for TAP, will lead and moderate the discussion to learn firsthand what citizens have to say. TAP and TAS conducted a similar round of town halls in several cities last year, which produced an informative and useful exchange of ideas.

All three events are open to the public and admission is free. Details are as follows:

Brooklyn, NY – Tuesday March 6, 2007 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Brooklyn Borough Hall, Ceremonial Courtroom
209 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201

Omaha, NE – Thursday March 22, 2007 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
University of Nebraska – Omaha, Thompson Alumni Center
6705 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68182

Phoenix, AZ – March 29, 2007 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Arizona State University – Tempe
1290 S. Normal Ave., Tempe, AZ 85287

The events will feature:

Opening remarks from local TAP representatives;
A one-hour main session featuring National Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson; who will facilitate an open forum dialogue with taxpayers to solicit direct feedback and concerns about IRS customer service;
A focus group session to further explore IRS customer services that taxpayers would like to see now and in the future; and
Attendance by TAP members and Local Taxpayer Advocates, to speak with taxpayers about their concern
The forums will allow taxpayers to voice issues, suggestions and concerns regarding IRS customer service practices. Local TAP members will listen to taxpayer comments and use the feedback to drive change in the way the IRS delivers services to the public.

"Taxpayer input is critical to helping the IRS improve customer service, but many taxpayers don't know where or how to speak up," said National Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson. "TAP has one hundred members nationwide, who are committed to listening to issues identified by taxpayers. These Town Hall Meetings are an opportunity for direct citizen input into IRS decision making."

By attending a TAP Town Hall Meeting, taxpayers can speak up and tell TAP and the IRS how customer service in their community can be improved. Please attend to help answer the question, “How can the IRS better serve you?”

If you have questions about these events or would like additional information about TAP, please call 1-888-912-1227.

The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS whose employees assist taxpayers who are experiencing economic harm, who are seeking help in resolving tax problems that have not been resolved through normal channels, or who believe that an IRS system or procedure is not working as it should.

You can contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service by calling their toll-free case intake line at 1-877-777-4778 or TTY/TTD 1-800-829-4059 to see if you are eligible for assistance. You can also call or write to your local taxpayer advocate, whose phone number and address are listed in your local telephone directory and in Publication 1546, The Taxpayer Advocate Service of the IRS - How to Get Help With Unresolved Tax Problems. You can file Form 911, Application for Taxpayer Assistance Order, or ask an IRS employee to complete it on your behalf. For more information, go to www.irs.gov/advocate.

OK this FIRE person is going. Any others from AZ want to meet up? And for all on the forum here, let me know of any of your burning IRS concerns and perhaps I can bring them up. This location is intended primarily for retired folks according to info from the Omaha meetings news report .

Start opening their mail and engaging some logic, for a start.

I was erroneously coded as a representative of a taxpayer unknown to me. I tried several times to get it fixed but their paperwork required that I submit a copy of the original letter of representation (which of course I never had). After about 9 months I finally presented my face at one of their offices. The stunned IRS Rep got it fixed. Were I that taxpayer I would have been royally p***ed, particularly since he evidently was a retired business man. The taxpayer lives in Phoenix so if you hear a similar story there you will have met both sides of that fiasco.

Back
Top Bottom