Is there still time?

Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Since my wife has been retired for a year now and our income is less than the previous year we may have some room to convert some traditional IRA money to a Roth IRA before going into a higher tax bracket. I know there is still time to contribute to a 2011 Roth IRA but can you convert to a Roth IRA from a traditional IRA for the 2011 year before the April tax deadline?
I would like to move as much as possible but not to exceed the top of my low tax bracket.

Cheers!

The cutoff to include the withdrawal in 2011 income is 12/31. If you do it now it will be considered 2012 income. Sorry.

Awwww nuts! Looks like my time will be better used working on a plan for 2012 then. Thank you for such a quick response.

Cheers!

I don't think so. It has been a few years since I used that forum and I don't recall having a log-in name. I hope nobody is giving me a bad reputation. :)

Cheers!

I don't think so. It has been a few years since I used that forum and I don't recall having a log-in name. I hope nobody is giving me a bad reputation. :)

Cheers!

:)

No, you're safe, he's a good guy.

Back
Top Bottom