it's the crash of October 2014 all over again

dallas27

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I want to be the first to panic that this downturn will be ruiness.

Remember how bad it was in October? We are headed for at least that kind of calamity, possible worse this time. In fact we may never recover again. It may be a new normal in which stock owners report to work each day because the laborers are in charge of investment capital.

I just saw a dog living with a cat and they had a pet duck.

My fault, I moved $50k from cash to the Spartan Total Market Index fund right before the down turn.

Sorry all. :(

I want to be the first to panic that this downturn will be ruiness.

Remember how bad it was in October? We are headed for at least that kind of calamity, possible worse this time. In fact we may never recover again. It may be a new normal in which stock owners report to work each day because the laborers are in charge of investment capital.

I just saw a dog living with a cat and they had a pet duck.

I'm rearranging all my deck chairs as soon as I get home this evening.

But if you are momentum investing isn't it best to be the first to panic?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

This too shall pass. Next!

Hard to get wound up, as I am listening to the Earth wheel sky band's Gypsy tango.

Quit whining, look at what has happened to us Canuckstanis. TSX is clobbered, down to ~ a year ago.

We can (but won't) buy a pretty good company with a 6% divi at a bargain price. Extra points: I did

I actually sold all my biggest stock gainers in the last few months. I was not feeling good and thought we are at the last part of the long bull market. I now see the market moving sideways and then down!!!. Now I don't know what to do with my bond funds.

well, comparing to the high on 12/5, it is only down 3.7%.

I will panic when it is down 10%.

Crash of Oct 2014? What crash? It was just a correction. This time, it may be different!

Quit whining, look at what has happened to us Canuckstanis. TSX is clobbered, down to ~ a year ago.

We can (but won't) buy a pretty good company with a 6% divi at a bargain price. Extra points: I did

You made me look. TSX is actually still up 3.6% YTD, and 7.7% the last 12 months. However, it is down -12.5% relative to its recent high in early September. It has gone back into the low of Oct. The US S&P is next!

I won't even be ready to start buying at 10%. Maybe 15%. Maybe 20. Yep, the S&P back at around 1600 would be a good time to buy/panic.

You must panic a lot. A 10% correction is normal 1 to 3 times per year.

The October "media panic" got me. I sold some equities back in October. This time I will be in the "do nothing" camp.

Oh no, cash out and hide all your cash under your mattress!

DH still retiring Feb. 3, 2015.

Back
Top Bottom