Just did the math, good news

farmerEd

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just did the math on the future value of my retirement savings.

Using the last months market performance as a benchmark, and assuming the same going forward, I will have just over $121 Billion dollars by the time I reach age 68....time to do some estate planning I guess. :LOL:

Using the last months market performance as a benchmark, and assuming the same going forward, I will have just over $121 Billion dollars by the time I reach age 68....time to do some estate planning I guess. :LOL:
Sounds like you're less than 3 months old (born yesterday?).

Well done.

I hear that past performance guarantees future return.

My TSP is up more than 9% for the year. I'm with you, I think this is what I'll use for future planning...

Hey, why not? I heard Dave Ramsey mention 12% as a good number to assume for mutual fund growth. Dave's never wrong. Is he?
heh heh

Too bad that by that time, a hot dog will cost $150 Billion dollars..... :ROFLMAO: Just kidding. Congratulations on your good investment returns.

W2R said:
Too bad that by that time, a hot dog will cost $150 Billion dollars..... :ROFLMAO: Just kidding. Congratulations on your good investment returns.

Like the joke about the guy who freezes himself for 100 years. First thing he does is is call VAnguard and is happy to hear that he has 500 million dollars. The operator then comes on the line and says "Please deposit 1 million dollars for the next three minutes."

Like the joke about the guy who freezes himself for 100 years. First thing he does is is call VAnguard and is happy to hear that he has 500 million dollars. The operator then comes on the line and says "Please deposit 1 million dollars for the next three minutes."

Hey, even though I'm only 63 I still think that first class postage ought to cost $0.03, that a fast food burger should cost $0.25, and that a Coke from a vending machine ought to cost $0.05. Oh Brave New World! :D

Suggest you plan your next move conservatively, but its safe to spend 60 Billion this year.

if you were a true farmer, you would have titled the thread, "too much taxes" and complained about the tax burden you $121 billion brought you. then launched into a diatribe about how you have too much moisture.

Actually after taxes it is probably only $60 billion, so sorry to inform you that you have to go back to work.

Is your name Zuckerberg by chance?

Excellent, you have the math skill set necessary to sell whole of life insurance polices with a straight face....:facepalm:

Excellent, you have the math skill set necessary to sell whole of life insurance polices with a straight face....:facepalm:

Actually, my whole life policy bought in 1977 has had an IRR of 5.09% annually (gross premiums compared to cash surrender value) and that is attributing absolutely no value to the insurance benefit.

While I think BTID is a better strategy, whole life isn't as bad as some people think as long as you stick with it and for those who don't have the discipline to save the forced savings element is beneficial.

I just heard on Bloomberg radio this AM that most of the underfunded public pension plans are all calculating the future based on 8% annual return. Wow!

If we could all calculate our future based on 8% growth or return, we'd all look pretty good. Now, lets see, if we use 12%...

Piker. Based on the .8% my portfolio is up today and excluding weekends, I should be worth around 395 trillion by the time I'm 65. I think I'll buy Tahiti for my 60th birthday and the US for my 65th birthday.

The market had not closed at the time of your post, so how did you know?

Anyway, Dow up 1.23%, S&P up 1.46%, Nasdaq 1.61%

My stock portion is up 1.59%, MF portion (including a couple of bond funds) up 1.28%. Total portfolio up 1.12% due to being only 70% in equities.

I will outbid you on Tahiti, I must let you know.

That is great news! I know that I am secure because I own real estate. And since we all know that "Real estate can only go up" I can be certain that I will make a bundle!!

Hey, even though I'm only 63 I still think that first class postage ought to cost $0.03, that a fast food burger should cost $0.25, and that a Coke from a vending machine ought to cost $0.05. Oh Brave New World! :D

Just spent a long weekend in Fla keys, $2 for a coke in the machine !!!

Back
Top Bottom