Just Got My IRS $600 Refund

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yawn, no plans to do anything with it. Just showed up electronically in my checking account. I can see some folks getting excited about it but not me. Its just a loan to myself.
Anyone actually getting excited?

Not getting it, so can't be exciting.

However don't you have a civic duty to be out there stimulating rather than being at your computer not spending anything.

$1,800 landed in the account today. Sent a little to VG a few minutes ago going to stare at it for a few days before I decide on the rest.

thanks for the headsup. yup. it landed in my checking account. i guess it will be drawn out when my health insurance automatically takes their premium, and fp&l takes for their account and the bank automatically sends the city a check for water, trash & sewer, leaving me with about 100 bucks. excited? nah. might never have noticed hadn't you mentioned.

I recently got something from the IRS too. Unfortunately, it wasn't a rebate check. Instead, I got a letter saying that I owe an additional $2100 for AMT. Out of my account and into yours. You're welcome.

I recently got something from the IRS too. Unfortunately, it wasn't a rebate check. Instead, I got a letter saying that I owe an additional $2100 for AMT. Out of my account and into yours. You're welcome.

Next time you can just send it directly to me, I'll even give you a discount for cutting out the middleman :p

Yawn, no plans to do anything with it. Just showed up electronically in my checking account. I can see some folks getting excited about it but not me. Its just a loan to myself.
YES!!! I am supposed to get mine on the 16th (I guess). I am excited. How uncool of me! :2funny:

Here's how much I'm getting:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:D

Just got mine today in my checking account, too. Pretty exciting to see money appearing, actually. It'll go to my renters' security deposit, since I spent their initial deposit already. :p Just in time.

Nothing to get excited about here. No deposit... no time... no how. I also paid AMT. Just too rich I guess...:confused:

Kind of tells you how others are doing when they talk about their check... and you are not even close!!

Oh well... who said life is fair...

Ours will be going towards our 16yr old sons drivers education - yup its up to $625 now (not including fees)

I got nothing. Don't think I'm currently eligible. But I'm getting married soon (to a non citizen). I'm hoping that means come tax time I'm eligible and can pick up the $1200 version.

The IRS says mine will be mailed June 13. Hope they have some money left for me. :p

When it comes I'll probably send most of it back for taxes. Wonder how big a big screen TV I can get for $300? :(

etch-a-sketch-blank.jpg

Inflation.

A DIY flat screen. :p

Reminds me of the time at work when one of the guys was jealous of the secretary's new flatscreen monitor. He came in one morning and his crt was gone and an etch-a-sketch was in its place. :D

He kept grumbling and another morning he came in and there was a really well made and painted cardboard flatscreen. Looked real from about 10 feet.:2funny:

Ours will be going towards our 16yr old sons drivers education - yup its up to $625 now (not including fees)

it only gets worse, our youngest son is 18 and in college, the car is cheap enough, a 1998 Jeep Cherokee which is mostly his to use but the insurance alone is $2K to cover him.

I've been waiting anxiously for my economic masturbation payment. Back in my corporate slavery days I made too much money, but now I qualify. Hooray! Screw the next generation to line my own pockets!! Baby boomers and bureaucrats - ya gotta love 'em!! :D

I've been waiting anxiously for my economic masturbation payment. Back in my corporate slavery days I made too much money, but now I qualify. Hooray! Screw the next generation to line my own pockets!! Baby boomers and bureaucrats - ya gotta love 'em!! :D

:2funny:

....and I thought the term "stimulate" was a bit tawdry!

$1,200 showed up in our checking account yesterday. Not planning to spend any of it.

I'd be excited if I got one.

I got $600 bucks Friday. Then picked up my mail Friday and the IRS says I owe $124 on my 2006 taxes. Fidelity's reported income does not match mine on my 1040. wtf?

I sent my $1500 off to Vanguard.

2Cor521

Man ... you people are awfully trusting of Uncle Sam to give him direct access to your checking accounts. If he can put $$ IN, he can take $$ OUT.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom