LBYM Question

Or turning your underwear inside out and using as a coffee filter!

I don't understand the advantage of turning your underwear inside out. It just seems like a needless extra step.

I get the Sunday paper and clip coupons. Not things like .25 off paper towels, but things like $6.00 off two packages of haircolor, or the $10.00 coupon for a $50.00 food purchase offered at Target this week, or the $20.00 off a pair of new shoes (which I need) at the local shoe store. These things do add up. Or, better put, they then help offset my frivolous purchases like an occasional designer coffee.

I sometimes like to read Mr. Money Mustache forums or the Extreme Retirement forums just to put frugality in perspective. These are the folk who, for example, dumpster dive for food. Ugh--I can't imagine doing this.

There is a popular golf coupon book here...for $29 you get about 10 free rounds of golf at several different courses. "Free" as in you must use it with at least one paid round....that works for me as I share the coupons with friends and we pay half each. Last year I bought 2 books and used about 15 coupons with golfing buddies, saving $500 - $600 in total.

Last fall they had a promotion where you could buy up to 5 books for $80 but with a coupon code I got 5 books for $53 or so. So, for $53 I will pay half price for most of the rounds I play this summer, saving close to $1,000.

Reminds me of my childhood. We were not dirt-poor (though definitely blue collar), but we LITERALLY used newsprint as toilet paper. :eek:

That's one way to develop callouses and character!

Back
Top Bottom