Login problems with multiple banks

Is anyone else experiencing login problems with their banks or credit union?
I get errors from USAA, Ally, Synchrony and PenFed.

It wasn't down until you told me. [emoji854]

I've been in large datacenters when they were experiencing opportunities for improvement. I'm glad those are memories.

Yes! Fidelity and Schwab as well, not just banks. Not recognizing password or simply closing website before getting on, auto reply that it is being worked on, or being placed on hold. I hung up as I expected the waiting time to be long.

Unlikely to be the cause with four sites simultaneously. OP, what kind of "login problems"?

Unable to login at all. As stated, some say they're working on it. Others just give an error or just spins

I can get into Schwab, but not Fidelity.

For me:

Fidelity - down, can't get into logon page.

My Credit Union - OK

Etrade - OK

update - tried Vanguard, got to logon page, but have not been emailed a security code

-ERD50

Last edited:
Capital One is down, Chase is working fine, Etrade and Vanguard seem fine too

Unlikely to be the cause with four sites simultaneously. OP, what kind of "login problems"?
More likely a common provider like AWS.....

Just Reported on Fox Business news. Apparently some airlines affected too.

Interesting. Schwab pops a screen that they are having DNS problems with the login page, other pages seem to be accessible. USBank lets me log on but then serves a blank screen.

Non-financial sites that I have bookmarked seem to be working fine. This situation may prove to be very interesting.

Based on Twitter reports, the source of the problem is Akamai, one of the largest content delivery networks in the world. "We are aware of an emerging issue with the Edge DNS service," the company said in an update on its website posted at 12:09PM ET. "We are actively investigating the issue."

Developing...

This is the main drawback of hosting services in Cloud. Basically several companies are getting too dependent on Clouds based services. SO now instead of just one or two companies getting affected, it usually turns into several companies getting affected.

This is scary, seeing how so many different sites are affected. In my case, my AMEX card site is down.

Back
Top Bottom