Magazine recommendation?

Not a magazine about 'which stocks to invest in now' but big on information & theory is The Economist. I have had a subscription for many, many years now, DW calls herself 'an Economist widow'. Lots of statistics at the back of the magazine and very stimulating for thinking about economic issues.

AND the magazine has excellent coverage of world news -- better than one can find in Time or Newsweek.

I fully back the Economist recommendation (though not so much on investing), and strongly recommend reading their website blogs.

I get the Schwab due to 401k - it's worth skimming, but pretty fluffy. At least I don't get the impression that they are trying to sell me (other than "you must save and invest more and work longer!" which coincidentally might help their business), and for most people, they are probably right.

I don't buy paper magazines anymore. Instead, I buy digital magazines on Zinio because I can take them with me where ever I go and read them on my iPad, iPhone and computer. I can keep my digital copies forever if I wish and they don't collect dust.

I subscribe to a number of digital magazines. Some US magazines and some foreign magazines that would otherwise be impossible to find here. My topics of interest include food and wine, finances, current events, RVing, aviation and travel.

For financial stuff, I subscribe to Smart Money (cheap subscription) and I occasionally read Money, Kiplinger and the Economist. For those three, I only buy issues with interesting topics, for example Kiplinger's special "retirement" issue.

I also receive free "magazines" from USAA and Vanguard. They often have good quality articles.

I suppose the exception would be industry periodicals.

Online you can read the Journal of Financial Planning. Journal of Financial Planning

There are other whitepapers and professional periodicals available online.

IMO - Most of the commercial rags targeted at retail investor are not worth the time... much less the money.

Back
Top Bottom