Model Portfolios

ats5g

Full time employment: Posting here.
Ever wanted a site that compares a lot of [good] model portfolios? Well, the wait is over:

Model Portfolios Data - Examples. Compares Bernstein's, F. Armstrong's, B. Malkiel's, etc.

The preceeding is a page from this excellent investor education website:

Taking Control of Your Financial Future: Web Sites And Resources For
Personal Financial Planning

At least now none of us has to gather all this info and put it in one place.

- Alec

Phew, this may be good stuff...

... but seeing it all summarized in one place sure makes your eyeballs glaze over.

I'll bookmark & try again another day.

Oh great, another opportunity to find out that my AA is way off!

Seriously, Thanks for this site Alec it really seems to have a massive amount of variety in it. I'm sure that I can find one or more that make it clear that my AA is way off and I need a complete overhaul or I will die a pauper at age 66!

Oh great, another opportunity to find out that my AA is way off!

Seriously, Thanks for this site Alec it really seems to have a massive amount of variety in it.  I'm sure that I can find one or more that make it clear that my AA is way off and I need a complete overhaul or I will die a pauper at age 66!

According to Berstein and his studies. Sticking to your original asset allocation and rebalancing is more important, than having the 'correct' Asset Allocation.

If you Start Changing your asset allocation, human nature will take over and you start including Classes that have done well or Allocating more to them. And maybe elminating classes that have gone no-where. And this is the exact opposite of what you should be doing.

What a hoot - I hope nobody reading those model portfolios takes any of that junk seriously. At from a glance - one could not hurt themselves too badly - provided they didn't panic and overtrade.

If all you want to do is save money, invest and ER - that kind of media junk is a waste of time.

Of course - if you're hooked like I am - you read all that stuff and watch the markets - it doesn't affect me seriously - I got my side money to play.

75% - one balanced index fund (more properly 'lifecycle').

A prime example of publish or perish - Monte Python's movie was better and more entertaining.

I took the SO for her eye check up and read Kiplinger's May 2004 issue in the waiting room - they don't get it either. One low cost diversified fund (value, index, or balanced index ) is all you need.

All that other stuff is just media junk to fill space. Of course it took thirty years for me to figure that out. And I got my side money - the urge to putz will never die.

low expense, diversify, seek value - stay the course(ala Bogle) - get as complicated as you wish - it's irrelevant - simple works just as well.

I think I will slice and dice my money up and invest equally in each of these model portfolios, followed by monthly rebalancing within each portfolio and quarterly rebalancing between portfolios.

Just kidding.
:-X

I think I will slice and dice my money up and invest equally in each of these model portfolios, followed by monthly rebalancing within each portfolio and quarterly rebalancing between portfolios.

Just kidding.
:-X
That's way too simplistic to work. In addition to monthly rebalancing, at the end of each full moon you need to identify all investments common to two or more of the model portfolios, multiply by the square root of 7 and divide by the character length of *****' last post. The result in Greek dracmas will need to be taken from each investment and sent directly to Dory to support further research on this board. :confused:

The result in Greek dracmas will need to be taken from each investment and sent directly to Dory to support further research on this board.

Wait a minute. Dory already told me that this "4% SWR" thing meant I was supposed to send him 4% of my portfolio every year. Do you mean that I'm supposed to be converting that to foreign currencies before making the transfer?!?
:)

Back
Top Bottom