NASB place to park cash for a few months

jimnjana

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
North American Savings Bank - Rewards Checkingis offering a teaser rate of 2.05 percent on balances up to 25k, no fees etc.

https://www.nasb.com/rewards.htm

Rate is good until Sep 2015. We just refinanced with them and it was an extremely easy transaction, good customer service.

I'm retired and have better things to do than jump through a bunch of monthly hoops for $200.... like doing nothing. But for those who like to squeeze out every drop it sounds like a decent opportunity.

I'm retired and have better things to do than jump through a bunch of monthly hoops for $200.... like doing nothing.

Understand that I'm in your camp but for a lot of people it is just a sport that they like to engage in.

I would have considered it, but the 12 required debit card (non-ATM) transactions/month was a showstopper.

-gauss

Chase was offering $250 for opening a new checking account and making one electronic deposit. If you keep $15,000 in there it was free checking.

No other hoops to jump through. I think you have to keep the money in for 90 days.

1.66% return for 90 days, annualized to 6.8% return.

We did it, but mostly because we wanted a 2nd checking account for security reasons (with all the hacking going on I wanted to split up our funds in case one of the banks had to put a hold on us while they sorted through some fraud or similar).

Chase kept sending me cards offering me at first $250, eventually it went to $400. So I opened an account. Don't see how they will make money on this.

Back
Top Bottom