National Property Insurance agent

sterlingmossy

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi, I have homes/cars in three states FL, ID and IL. I am looking for an insurance agent that can help me find the best rates (quality and price) for my homes, cars and umbrella coverage. Do you know of any national agencies that can quote from all the options?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I have homes/cars in three states FL, ID and IL. I am looking for an insurance agent that can help me find the best rates (quality and price) for my homes, cars and umbrella coverage. Do you know of any national agencies that can quote from all the options?

Thanks in advance

Good luck in Florida. We use USAA plus Citizens for the windstorm coverage. We used a local agent in New Jersey since USAA wouldn’t cover that home. Ended up with Lloyd’s of London. In PA our three homes and cars are covered by USAA.

If you don’t qualify for USAA, Nationwide, Geico, Statefarm, and other big companies should cover all states, though many avoid Florida these days.

Great topic....I hope someone comes along with a success story.

I've given up in searching for one insurance agent to cover our Alabama, Florida and North Carolina property/autos.

When we tried to go with one agent or one company, their ability to write and/or the costs made it impossible for us to deal with one.

Because insurance is state regulated, we've cobbled together the following....

Residency is in Florida so that is covered by auto and homeowners and umbrella. The umbrella notes our property in NC and AL.

The AL rental property (condo) has an Alabama condo owners policy thru local AL agent.

The NC second home has a homeowners policy with a local NC agent.

(I wish for one big insurance policy with a high deductible that covers our entire holdings/risks vs the piecemeal process of today)

My independent agent offered Openly Insurance for homeowners. My premiums are near the cost when I bought my home in 2011. Slight increase due to replacement cost. They prefer homes 400k or higher I was told. I assume less claims on higher level homes?

My independent agent offered Openly Insurance for homeowners. My premiums are near the cost when I bought my home in 2011. Slight increase due to replacement cost. They prefer homes 400k or higher I was told. I assume less claims on higher level homes?

Thanks much. I will give them a call.

The hang up is that property insurance is mostly regulated at the state level. So it's a matter of getting in contact with the right agent that knows how to cross the boundaries. USAA is generally good at this...but it's more hit or miss with the other big companies.

Back
Top Bottom