Navy Fed. C.U. , ways to join

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Navy Fed. C.U. , ways for civilian to join ?

Never been in the service, last D.O.D. contractor work was well over 12 years ago. Looking for a way to join for the superior CD's, I tried the eligibility wizzard , came up as no. ........ Coast Guard Aux. maybe ?

Last edited:
I tried to join also. The person via live chat asked a series of questions and finally told me that I was not eligible. It appears that you have to be in active duty/reserved, currently employed by the DOD, family member of those who are qualified, retiree or one receiving annuity. Those that were separated from active duty (like myself) regardless of discharge status (e.g., honorable, dishonorable) are not eligible.

I wiggled in the backdoor by joining a credit union that had very loose membership requirements (similar to Pen Fed) shortly before Navy absorbed them (the target was falling apart). Keep an eye out for another such opportunity to come along.

I just turned in my CAC card, after retiring from field service/USN contractor job.... should have joined Navy Fed then turned in my CAC! Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom