New credit score available

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
According to Bankrate.com a new credit scoring system is available to consumers online starting today.

For $5.95, Internet users will be able to check their VantageScores online through Experian, one of three U.S. credit reporting bureaus that jointly developed the system. The site also includes a simulation showing how potential actions, such as closing a credit card account or making a late payment, could impact a person's score.

This is the first time the VantageScores have been made available to the public...

...Unlike FICO, which is solely a numerical score, a VantageScore comprises both a number and the letter grade A, B, C, D or F. But while the two scoring systems may look different, the behaviors leading to high or low scores are highly similar...

...VantageScore was introduced in March by credit reporting agencies Experian, Equifax and TransUunion, which touted it as a simpler scoring method because it uses a single formula to evaluate consumers' debt risk profile. Under FICO, each credit bureau uses a different method for calculating credit risk.

i'll get my $5.95 right in!

If only creditors weren't constantly beating down my door to give me free/cheap money as is, I'd be all over the opportunity to see how much I've trashed my credit rating. :D

If only creditors weren't constantly beating down my door to give me free/cheap money as is, I'd be all over the opportunity to see how much I've trashed my credit rating

stretch it until it hurts. :eek: or until you turn into JG (making your wife work because you are dipping into the kiddy to buy more boats). :p

im a sucker for a cheap credit score. mine is UNPROPORTIONATELY lower than my other scores from the major 3.

The last week in May, a local credit union forced me into a situation that required me to get my score from Experian. It cost $5.95 and returned a "VantageScore" on a scale of 501 - 999, a "risk grade, and "credit catagory".

I guess Bankrate is a little late with their report.

Maddy the Turbo Beagle said:
stretch it until it hurts. :eek: or until you turn into JG (making your wife work because you are dipping into the kiddy to buy more boats). :p

My wife works. Does that make me JG? ;)

REWahoo! said:
No. But retire now, rely entirely on brainpower and willpower, and we'll take a poll to see if you qualify.

But I can't retire now. I'm still approximately $1,000,000 short of my goal. I guess that answers the question. ;)

REWahoo! said:
No. But retire now, rely entirely on brainpower and willpower, and we'll take a poll to see if you qualify.

Dont forget kicking the wife around and dumping her when she stops working...

REWahoo! said:

don't forget dumpster shopping. ;)

Haven't seen him on either board for more than a couple weeks now...

A driveway in illinois is still littered with, among other things, small bits of computer parts...

Cute n Fuzzy Bun'ny said:
A driveway in illinois is still littered with, among other things, small bits of computer parts...
How frequently does Google Earth update?

Back
Top Bottom