New financial planner

OldShooter, I just have one more question -- Is there any particular order I should start this endeavor? Should I read and study in the order you have everything listed here? Thanks again for all your help!

Google "bogleheads investing startup kit" and click the first link. I'd provide the link myself, but sometimes it doesn't work well because of an unusual character in the name of the document.

OldShooter, I just have one more question -- Is there any particular order I should start this endeavor? Should I read and study in the order you have everything listed here? Thanks again for all your help!
Best read in the order I listed them. Depending on your interest in details you may not make it through Ellis, but that's OK.

The Bogleheads material can be very good, but I am not a fan of reading on a computer and there is a lot there to parse. YMMV.

The books on my shelf are ones I read repeatedly and learn something every time. Hopefully they will become that for you too.

I have no argument with bogleheads.com or with @mrfeh or @VanWinkle. bogleheads is a great place. I rarely recommend it to newbies, though. The reason is something I learned from a wise man many years ago.

Danny Collins* ran a traveling race driver school for the Sports Car Club of America and his school visited our local track one year. I was picked up as Asst. Chief Instructor and had the benefit of lots of conversation with Danny. One thing he told me has stuck: He said,
"Look, we are all tempted to lift up the top of these students' heads and pour in all the racing knowledge we have accumulated over the years.

"It won't work. It's too overwhelming. Remember how little you knew when you started racing? That's what we need to give these guys who are starting out. It worked just fine for you and it will work just fine for them"
So, with Danny's wisdom in mind I tend to not recommend bogleheads to newbies.
--------------------------------------
*https://coloradomotorsportshalloffame.com/danny-collins/

Back
Top Bottom