No '40 binders', but we have a videotape

This proves that intercst has lost the intellectual argument.

Have fun.

John R.

Its not an intellectual argument if only one side has a functioning brain.

(hint: it isn't YKW with the working brain)

This proves that intercst has lost the intellectual argument.
I've said it before, but many very bright people have a dorky sense of humor. I think we can put intercst in that category. :D It has nothing to do with his abilities to analyse financial data. In fact, I think that those with no sense of humor make the whole SWR so dull that many won't even read it.

arrete

I didnt think there was a point, let alone basis for an argument.

Certainly nothing requiring intellect.

But its fun to pretend that our trolling has actual basis in true discussion in order to continue the effort with a straight face.

I couldnt watch the video past about 15 seconds due to professional and social limitations. For someone with more discipline, does anything really good happen past that point? ;)

I'm going to bet that our dynamic duo, if grilled, would taste exactly like chicken.

I didnt think there was a point, let alone basis for an argument.  

Certainly nothing requiring intellect.

But its fun to pretend that our trolling has actual basis in true discussion in order to continue the effort with a straight face.

I couldnt watch the video past about 15 seconds due to professional and social limitations.  For someone with more discipline, does anything really good happen past that point?  ;)

If you don't have the attention span to watch more than 15 seconds of video, what makes you think you could get through a post describing the action beyond that? <LOL>

intercst

Well, there are many videos I can watch for a lot longer than 15 seconds.

Fat dorks singing isnt the subject matter that appeals to me though ;)

Does this video feature Intercest? Is he actually singing, or is this a lip-synch?

If it is Intercest, and he is singing, then he is quite a decent singer. Better than some pros.

Mikey

This isnt intercst, he is masquerading as this guy who is singing along with a swedish video.
Oh, the fun we have on this forum!!!
Helios

Does this video feature Intercest? Is he actually singing, or is this a lip-synch?

If it is Intercest, and he is singing, then he is quite a decent singer. Better than some pros.

Mikey

The performer in the video is a New Jersey teenager.</i>

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/26/n...&en=83cb26cee0241483&ei=5094&partner=homepage

There was a time when embarrassing talents were a purely private matter. If you could sing "The Star Spangled Banner" in the voice of Daffy Duck, no one but your friends and family would ever have to know.

But with the Internet, humiliation - like everything else - has now gone public. Upload a video of yourself playing flute with your nose or dancing in your underwear, and people from Toledo to Turkmenistan can watch.

Here, then, is the cautionary tale of Gary Brolsma, 19, amateur videographer and guy from New Jersey, who made the grave mistake of placing on the Internet a brief clip of himself dancing along to a Romanian pop song. Even in the bathroom mirror, Mr. Brolsma's performance could only be described as earnest but painful.

</snip>[/i]

intercst

Re: No '40 binders', but we have a videotape laugh

with the Internet, humiliation - like everything else - has now gone public.

I haven't seen the clip. Even without seeing it, though, my heart is with the guy supposedly being humiliated rather than with those taking pleasure from his supposed humiliation.

Why? Because the guy trying to sing or whatever is trying to do something. People who do something have a love for something. That's the impulse that gets you out of bed in the morning--the impulse to find something to love. People who do things make the world go around.

Others sit in their easy chairs and laugh at them. I don't. I'll laugh at a joke. I don't laugh at someone trying "earnestly" to do something he loves. I've heard too many stories of people who were laughed at because they were earnestly doing trying to do something that they loved who ended up changing the world when they figured out how to do it.

People laughed at the Wright Brothers. Now we have walked on the moon. Ha, ha, ha.

I saw this flash on the TV the other day, and didn'd know what they were talking about ... now, I see.

Actually, I thought it was cute and funny. Too bad the video has made him feel embarrassed. It's a funny nothing.

Back
Top Bottom