No Christmas gift from Penfed?

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give

Attachments

• Penfed CD Rates.JPG
    Penfed CD Rates.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 14
The Penfed Santa is on vacation this year.

Closest thing on 5 year , I have been bombarded with ads from cit bank for 5 yr 2.3% cd's

At least those of us with 5 year, 3% CDs from last year can continue to enjoy that 'deal'. I was just reviewing my statements from Pen Fed yesterday and am so happy I got in on the 3%. It's all thanks to the thread posted here last year, so Thank You to Sue J!

There could still be an offer we will just have to wait and see.

Many thanks for the post last year, I heard about it from another reader of this forum/board and jumped on it with both feet. :) I found another deal talked about here that I think is still available, a 5% 1 year CD from Navy. I dumped the max $5K there in Sep. I recently have been looking for a place to get my CD for this year, but the Navy says you can only have one of them.

Still looking for a reasonable deal. I may just sit on it in my Fido account till I find something. 1.2% ? you would think this is 1 April or something.

The 5 year rate went DOWN half a percent since I checked yesterday.

Not sure which is more disappointing, these rates or the lousy Black Friday deals this year....

On the other hand, their conforming 30 year fixed mortgage rate is 3.625 percent with 1 percent origination and no discount points.

Last edited:
Jumping on those 10-year, 5% CDs from Penfed 4 years ago sure felt like a risky bet at the time, but so far it has paid off. My CD ladder is still paying a bit over 4% with only 4.5 years to maturity on average.

More's the pity - that was a NavyFed September special. Currently they offer a one year 3% $3000 maximum certificate. per call to them just now.

Yeah, disappointed here as I have cash to add to my ladder. Not sure what alternatives I should look into. I have enough exposure to the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

On the other hand, their conforming 30 year fixed mortgage rate is 3.625 percent with 1 percent origination and no discount points.

I've been watching this rate for awhile. My current 30 year fixed is 4.25 and I want to refinance if it keeps dropping, but not sure it's worth it to refinance for less than a 1% drop in the rate.

Back
Top Bottom