Overseas Health Insurance

Arif

Full time employment: Posting here.
We've been shopping around health insurance coverage here in Panama. Other than referals from other people how do you know which company to go with? We were quoted $140 per month for a family of three which includes U.S. coverage up to $1,000,000 and a $1000 deductable. We pay 20% and the insurance covers 80%. Our 20% is capped at the $1000 deductable. Since I am Panamanian by birth I don't have to take a physical to get this coverage. My wife on the other hand has to take a physical. They also gave me a list of "caps" i.e. maternity, mental health, etc. Can anyone suggest what else to ask for or anything else I forgot to ask? Thanks

BTW- The company is called British-American (and only one person speaks english is their local office ;) ).

I have heard BUPA is good for coverage in Panama and Costa Rica. They also cover the US but not if you live in the US.

I have heard BUPA is good for coverage in Panama and Costa Rica. They also cover the US but not if you live in the US.
Wow. I input the same data at BUPA's website and got 197.00 per month without US coverage and 890.00 with US coverage. :-\

Back
Top Bottom