Poll: How much currently in equities?

How much (%) of your portfolio is in equities?

• 75% or more

Votes: 56 20.0%
  • Between 65% - 74%

Votes: 37 13.2%
  • Between 55% - 64%

Votes: 64 22.9%
  • Between 45% - 54%

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • Between 35% - 44%

Votes: 33 11.8%
  • Between 25% - 34%

Votes: 13 4.6%
  • Less than 25%

Votes: 22 7.9%

• Total voters
I hold about 85% equities and 15% cash. Keep buying stock funds even today.

Im either almost 100 % in stock or 20%, depending on whether you want to call preferred stock part of the "stock world". Have actually tippy toed back into common stock with first purchase in over a year this week. Just when the scars have healed I am back to catching falling knives again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

65%. I've put off reducing as I'd have significant capital gains and still have high income from buyout payments for another year. But I think I'm going to bite the bullet, start selling and get to a more comfortable allocation of 30-50%.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Very surprised at the fairly low equity allocations. It just dawned on me that I have extremely limited means to rebalance since I only have CDs outside of stocks. I guess I would just let my allocation float down until Cds mature.

Hmmm...don't seem to be able to edit this post and I forgot to mention my ratio was 70% last time I checked so maybe 68% after the recent market drama. The rest is a bit of money market (3%) and mostly credit union CDs...no bonds.

You missed out on quite a run-up if you got spooked 2 years ago. SP500 is up about 22% or so incl dividends and that includes the recent drop.

that is an important point .

if you didn't have a nice weight in equity's all these years then where we fell to or may fall to would still be more than you had if you played it much safer .

I'm at 56.5% equity, with the rest just about evenly split between CDs and bonds.

as I approach critical mass, I take less risk, I'm at 33%

it might have been a bit more helpful if posters included their age. 75 yrs old s/b a lot different than 55 yrs old..... I'm 64

This chart would be more interesting if there was a way to add the age of the person to the % in equities.

Declining....daily....:facepalm:

I've been camping / traveling and haven't had much time to check our portfolio until last night. But our percent in equities only moved a tiny bit (maybe 65 to 63%) over this recent doom and gloom.

This is my first post ER market drop and I'm happy to report it hasn't worried us at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

41.8 % equities as of 9/4/15.

Target AA is 40/60

I may let my portfolio migrate back to 50/50, the AA I used when I first FIREd. In other words, not actively rebalance when (not if ;)) the market recovers.

61.5% equities (target is 63%; I rebalance when it goes +/-3%). 57 & semi-early retired (working about 15-20 hours online); no pension.

Last edited:
40% in the 401k I'm living off of for the next three years.
80% in the IRA that won't be touched for at least three years.
55% in the after tax account used to smooth taxes.
75% total.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom