PSA: My Social Security Site updated

badatmath

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This may only be news to me but the site now contains a graph at the bottom of the page where you can put future earnings (I used zero even though not quite there yet) and see your benefits at 62, 67, etc. I may be the last to realize this LOL.

This may only be news to me but the site now contains a graph at the bottom of the page where you can put future earnings (I used zero even though not quite there yet) and see your benefits at 62, 67, etc. I may be the last to realize this LOL.

I’m sure you’re not the last person to know this. But yes, they added the new functionality several months ago. It’s a nice improvement.

Thank you. Hadn't seen it. Appreciate the heads up!

I have looked for this graph twice now (there was an earlier post about it recently) and I cannot find it.

It does not appear on the "overview" page nor the "estimated benefits" page in my account.

Which page exactly does it appear on? Thanks. :)

I have looked for this graph twice now (there was an earlier post about it recently) and I cannot find it.

It does not appear on the "overview" page nor the "estimated benefits" page in my account.

Which page exactly does it appear on? Thanks. :)

It appears on the very first page you see when signing in. It’s called the “Home” page. You do not need to navigate anywhere after signing in. Depending on your computer screen size, you may need to scroll down a little. It’s in the middle of the page.

It asks for "Average Future Annual Salary". I want to make sure I use that correctly. Let's say I'm 57 and earn 200K and plan to stop working at 60. What would I put as my number? Is it the average from now until FRA, so 600K divided by 10 years?

Thanks.

I am on the page titled "My Home" but still no graph anywhere on the page.

No worries. The social security info I do have is sufficient for planning purposes.

I don't see it on my home page either. I am over my full retirement age; I wonder if that makes a difference.

I don't see it either but A) I am over my full SS age, and B) drawing spousal benefits so I suspect one or both of those prevent me from seeing anything.

I have a year to go until I reach my FRA, and it doesn't show up for me.

No rhyme or reason I can see, but I'm not privy to the thought process of those behind the website.

I'm lucky to still be privy to my own thought processes. :D

I went and checked today and have the graph with the option of entering $0 for future wages.

Very nice to have; should've been there a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom