Quicken Subscription Question

Quicken just sent me a nice mail saying they will boost my rate by $3 next year.

Yippee! I love subscription services!!!! :facepalm:

I get a decent value out of quicken, but this is really ticking me off. For now, it is bullet biting time. But someday, I may just spreadsheet the stuff out of it.

Have you revisited whether you really need/use the features of Premier? I downgraded to Deluxe last year and hardly noticed the difference. It’s substantially less expensive.

Have you revisited whether you really need/use the features of Premier? I downgraded to Deluxe last year and hardly noticed the difference. It’s substantially less expensive.

Excellent point. Time to downgrade.

We purchased 2 years for $12 from eBay and it has worked fine. They sent us a legit key that I phoned and checked with Quicken before using. We will check again a few months before these run out. But, I am not holding my breath for the same deal next time.

Last edited:
I've been happy with Quicken Deluxe for Mac despite the fact it lacks some of the features of the Win version. I'm a passive index fund investor so I really don't use the investment features, and I don't need a retirement goal planner :) I could run the Win version using Parallels or maybe Bootcamp, but I don't have any other Windows programs I need and don't want to pay for Parallels or go through the hassle of rebooting the computer each time I run Quicken.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that when the subscription runs out, some portion of the right side of the window permanently appears (until you pay for a new subscription) with subscription renewal information. Apparently many have complained but Quicken refuses to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom