Retailers: not as desperate as you think

Update: they just put the 52" LCD TV on sale again for $1500. On one hand, I still think that's a ridiculous amount of money to pay for a TV. And there are always new models coming out, so the price has to keep dropping.

On the other hand, I could go for the 55" inch for $1900 instead...

Ask them to see if they can sell you the 52" display model for $1000 or an open box for $1200- because you just can't see spending $1500 for a tv in this economy...:D

refrigerator over in the corner, and the dw stuffed in the cutout... but hey, it's a working kitchen! :D

I wouldn't stuff the dear wife in the corner. I know some of the older fashioned guys think that the DW is the DW, but...

Update: The retailers ARE desperate - they're just playing hard to get. After they put the TV on sale for the July 4 price this week, I pulled the trigger for $1500. In today's paper, same TV is now $1399! So I go down to Fry's for a price adjustment, and ask for my $100 please. They check the computer and tell me that the sale price is actually $1329, so I get $170+tax back instead of just $100. Sweet!

Surprisingly, my cable bill actually went down $2/month after I got a converter box and switched to digital. I don't know how that works, but not complaining! HDTV is awesome, I've been holding out for a while but it is definitely worth it compared to my 27" CRT.

Yes, I finally watched a whole night of HDTV in a hotel, and I could tell a dramatic difference. I can imagine sporting events looking much better, but I think I will hold off for another 2 years. I just got my 27" CRT in 2002 after using a 19" CRT from 1983 to 2002. The 19" was getting uneven colors, but still some guy took it off Craig's List and was going to used it as his garage TV.

Crazy stuff, you guys are nuts..........:)

Back
Top Bottom