Roth Withdrawal Questions - Pre 59.5

38Chevy454

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have some questions on Roth withdrawals for pre 59.5 age. I have a Roth that is est Feb 2015. I have some of the original contributions still in their same investments, but have switched some investments around, such that some investments are only 1-2 years old, or less. My questions, kind of related:
1) Even if the specific investment is short term, can it be withdrawn and considered as part of the original investment?
2) Can I mix up the withdrawals from any of the investments as long as the total amount of withdrawal is less than the original investment?
3) Does DRIP cause any issues? I think that DRIP is all considered part of the growth portion and is off limits for pre 59.5 withdrawal?
4) Maybe this is the overall question- Is the original investment just a dollar amount and not tied to any specific investment?

Reason I ask is considering a one-time withdrawal that would not be taxable. Never done any Roth withdrawal and being 58, I have to wait another year for the 59.5 age. Thanks for the help.

Item 4 pretty much sums it up. You can withdraw your contributions. So if you put x dollars in, that's available penalty free for withdrawal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom