Semi-ER Count Down

RockMiner

Recycles dryer sheets
I haven't posted here for a while but now I'm on the eve of semi-ER so it's time...I'm about 60 days out from quitting, just before my 50th birthday.  My DW is willing (actually wants to) continue working for another five years or so. Her job will pay most of our expenses (after downsizing) while we allow our portfolio to plump a bit.  Not exactly a risky leap you might say, but it was still a very difficult decision.  Leaving my occupation isn't the hard part.  I'm very tired of the work, but the mental aspects of leaving a good income and losing the "identity" or status of having been a high performer is tougher than I thought it would be   :-\  Twenty five years of conditioning doesn't fall away easilly.  I'll also miss the built in camraderie.

I will likely seek an enjoyable part time j*b of some kind...maybe teaching, or maybe I'll start a very small scale business.  I dunno. I want to re-discover my old interests and just live a low stress life.
I assume it will take a year or so to find my stride.  I'm looking forward to finding a better way to live.   :)

I want to thank all the posters here for providing so much accumulated wisdom. It helped give me the confidence to make a change.

Rock

Back
Top Bottom