Share your FIRE Milestones - 2013- 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of market close yesterday we topped $750K! That's +~$200K in a year! :dance:

Rumor has it my company is about to be bought, so there's lots of worry about layoffs, but with ~15 years of living expenses saved and DH still working, I'm not stressed at all. Hooray for LBYM!

Enginerd great job! I am with ya, We made a goal sheet in 2010 with a goal to be "millionaires" by 2023 but we are looking at 2017. Congrats on being so far ahead!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

We crossed the $1.5M milestone on the Christmas eve. Since then, we have retreated from the milestone. Hope to cross that line again soon in the future.

My savings passed $250,000 and net worth over $300,000 last month. My boyfriend passed $900,000 in savings last month, and NW of $1 million if you include the main house. As of 1/1/2015 our combined net worth was $1.3 million. Hopefully retiring, at least partially, within a couple years if we can pull together all the loose ends by then. Need at least $1.25 million in savings + maybe 2 rental properties to retire comfortably. I own one soon to be rental property now. My net worth was negative 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Our investment accounts passed the magic $1M mark this morning. I had to be sure to post now, because based on the market's performance so far today, they'll be back down to 6 figures by 1pm PST. :)

Just summed up all our investment and retirement accounts....

$1.35MM

Not really a milestone, but compared to last year an increase of 20% in 12 months.

For fun I pulled up my "projections" spreadsheet I made about 5 years ago and I am waaay ahead of where I thought I would be...even though I've added 2 kids and a 529 into the mix.

5 years ago I had a target of FIRE at 50. But maybe now 45? I'm 35 now.

Nice ;)

Just Gave Notice!!

To retire in June! I am a teacher of 35 years and just told my principal that I would be retiring at the end of the year! I am 56.

Congratulations Tdoug!

1M investments

So lots of milestones for me.. crossed $1M in investments, plus 2 years emergency fund, plus sold my house in 24 hours (which will make it 5 years emergency fund), and turning in resignation tomorrow.

Best part is I looked at my financial plan from 1997 and Im $100k on the plus side of projections even though my company stopped giving pay increases and stopped matching 401k 5 years ago.

Not retiring, just pursuing alternative career options...ie I'm 42 and have a million to allow to grow and will use my emergency fund to allow myself time to figure out what I want to do next. step one.. treat myself to a 6 month sabbatical.​

So lots of milestones for me.. crossed $1M in investments, plus 2 years emergency fund, plus sold my house in 24 hours (which will make it 5 years emergency fund), and turning in resignation tomorrow.

Best part is I looked at my financial plan from 1997 and Im $100k on the plus side of projections even though my company stopped giving pay increases and stopped matching 401k 5 years ago.

Not retiring, just pursuing alternative career options...ie I'm 42 and have a million to allow to grow and will use my emergency fund to allow myself time to figure out what I want to do next. step one.. treat myself to a 6 month sabbatical.​
Congrats on your milestone! Welcome to the land of doing what you want when you want!

Tallied our net worth; very happy with what we achieved in 2014. We are FI and can retire any time. It's the OMY syndrome and two small kids keeping us at work.

Recently, I crossed 2M NW threshold. My next milestone will be having $2M investment portfolio. It could take 1.5 more years if I continue to work.

It took slightly more than I expected but 8 months after the above post, our NW crossed 2.1M threshold and I am on pace for $2M investment portfolio (1.8M now) in 1 year if I continue to work.

Last edited:
Excited. 12/31/15 will be the end of work (fingers crossed). Partner goes out next 10/2016. 2.35M in investments but still nervous about if it will be enough. 58 this year, partner 56 next year.

Due to the recent increase in the market (and our aggressive savings plan), we recently passed the 500k mark in retirement assets (401k, IRAs, taxable accounts). DCAing 100k this year into the accounts and for each of the remainder 15 years. January of 2028 is when we plan to be FIREd. I'm 32 and spouse is 28, three kids, and a mortgage. Plan to have mortgage and college paid for by the time we FIRE.

ed
WOW so young and already looking good :). If I may ask, you use the term DCAing? Not sure what this is:)
thanks

Hit $4.5M today. Compound baby, compound. About 40/60 AA. I retired 3.5 years ago. Wife makes ~$80k/yr plus family medical insurance. We spend about $110k/year.

Technically I'm not bragging because my name isn't really bob and I'm a nonentity on this board. It's just between you me and the lamppost.

Four meeeeeellion dollars net worth! 3/23/13

scrooge-mcduck-make-it-rain.jpg

Actually $4,000,043. I had to go to the coinstar machine at CVS this morning and redeem $291 in coins to get over $4M.

56 years old, retired 21 months - wife is still teaching.

$2,900,000 tax deferred
$377,000 taxable
$13,500 savings/checking accounts and cash at home
$654,400 house - no morgage, value based on the average of four online estimates.
$55,000 for two cars and personal property - OK I pulled these out of my arse but I believe they're conservative.
No debt

Forgive my apparent arrogance and braggadocio, but I enjoy reading other success stories and hopefully this might provide inspiration for other schlubs like myself.

I'll report back when I've lost half of it.

Bob - nice milestone... I don't think I'll hit anything like that anytime in my lifetime.

Congrats on an amazing milestone.

No way would I still be working if I were your wife, lol!

1st Milestone: Hit $1MM in savings before my 30th birthday.

Target: FIRE before my 33rd birthday with hopefully at least $1.5 MM in savings. It's a bit of a gamble with that much money but if the markets cooperate I'll be in good shape. If not, I can always work a bit more.

Our portfolio crossed the $1.5M milestone for the 2nd time. The 1st time was on the Christmas eve. The market has not recovered to that level yet, but we had regular contributions for the last two months.

I don't know if we will need to cross that milestone several more times. With our regular monthly contributions, I hope this is the last time.

1st Milestone: Hit $1MM in savings before my 30th birthday.

Target: FIRE before my 33rd birthday with hopefully at least $1.5 MM in savings. It's a bit of a gamble with that much money but if the markets cooperate I'll be in good shape. If not, I can always work a bit more.

Almost regardless of how much you are making, that is worthy of applause. I thought my engineer nephew achieving 100K on a five-figure salary at that age was impressive....

Bravo.

Almost regardless of how much you are making, that is worthy of applause. I thought my engineer nephew achieving 100K on a five-figure salary at that age was impressive....

Bravo.

Thanks. It has taken a lot of perseverance and sacrifice (and 8 years of woking in a dangerous 3rd world country) but the rewards should be worth it.

If I can achieve FIRE by 33 and still manage to visit every country in the world, I will be very happy with the life I built. :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom