Share your FIRE Milestones - 2013- 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit $950K investments and almost $1.1MM TNW. I'm on track to pay off my 30 yr mortgage in about 8 more years, which will make that a 12 yr total time to payoff.

Nice! And from your other posts, it sounds like you are in a position to launch if/when necessary/desired. Your ratio of assets to needs sounds strong.

Just made my last Court filing. :dance:

To do list at work is dwindling; cleaning my office and inbox out. Tick Tick.... (less than 30 hours to go.)

This is my first post and next to last day of work. I have been lurking around on many threads and have learned a ton. I am not really RE, I'm 62 but feel 24 and don't plan to start SS until 66 or maybe 70, if the market cooperates. I hit $1.1M IA this week and am ready for FREEDOM! :dance:

This is my first post and next to last day of work. I have been lurking around on many threads and have learned a ton. I am not really RE, I'm 62 but feel 24 and don't plan to start SS until 66 or maybe 70, if the market cooperates. I hit $1.1M IA this week and am ready for FREEDOM! :dance:
Congratulations and welcome!

Had to post here as I've finally exceeded the $250K mark in my 401K. So nice to see this milestone achieved as I originally hit the $100K back in Oct. 2013

$2 million

53 here and Cash and Securities outside the shares in my business just crossed $2MM in the last month... Funny how we didn't care when bouncing around 1.XMM - but I hate seeing the number drop to 1.988! :cool:

I didn't start saving early enough. Really pushing my kids - they've all started Roth's and since I'm funding their college, they are working and funding Roth's $2000.00 each year while in school. They are learning a bit about investment choices and compounding over 40 years... Feeling blessed that they will be OK.

53 here and Cash and Securities outside the shares in my business just crossed $2MM in the last month... Funny how we didn't care when bouncing around 1.XMM - but I hate seeing the number drop to 1.988! :cool:

I didn't start saving early enough. Really pushing my kids - they've all started Roth's and since I'm funding their college, they are working and funding Roth's $2000.00 each year while in school. They are learning a bit about investment choices and compounding over 40 years... Feeling blessed that they will be OK.

You are certainly doing well and congratulations. I like hearing about how your children are using Roth's and learning to save early.
I am trying to instill this into my children as I don't want them to end up where I am on savings but to have so much more saved with time and compounding interest on their side.

I am still optimistic on my savings outlook and will need to just keep putting as much aside as I am able - looking forward to hitting the next $500K milestone

This is minor, compared to some of the big numbers above but --

We paid off the last credit card this month. As a runup to FIRE next year, we've now paid off all CCs, cars, boat and house. I think I will get all the titles out of the safe and wallow around on them, like Scrooge McDuck does with his money. :D

We paid off the last credit card this month. As a runup to FIRE next year, we've now paid off all CCs, cars, boat and house. I think I will get all the titles out of the safe and wallow around on them, like Scrooge McDuck does with his money. :D

Congrats on your accomplishment!

That's awesome! And to have the house paid off is a huge accomplishment. Congratulations.

Do not compare yourself to others, everyone's circumstances are different. You are going to be "financially independent and retire early" next year, what's not to celebrate. Go wallow in those titles!

You know you are ready for FIRE when you are marking every quarter mile milestone .... I wrote last month that I had reached my significant 25 year anniversary. *Today* will be my official retirement day -- in a year, lol! And I actually will leave the job a few days before. This is what i'm calling "Zero Year" - the year after I can retire, but before I will retire. I have lots of goals for this Zero year. Trying to learn various new tech things, for example. I won't have my institution's IT department to back me up next year!
Pullin, if you haven't entered yourself into the Class of 2018 yet, go here to put in your month :) http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f29/class-of-2018-a-64512.html

Im 34...wife just turned 33. We added up all our account yesterday and we were at $765k (not including house.) Still have $120k, 15 year, 0% loan...no other debt. Cant complain! Hoping to push the million mark within next 3 years.

Im 34...wife just turned 33. We added up all our account yesterday and we were at $765k (not including house.) Still have $120k, 15 year, 0% loan...no other debt. Cant complain! Hoping to push the million mark within next 3 years.

Very impressive for such a young age! No matter how much money one makes (well, I guess there is a certain point where it doesn't matter!), the other half of the equation is spending less, so congratulations!

But when do you sell?

Davhin, what was your first day of freedom like? I too will be 62 when I retire and will wait for SS until 66. I am already planning that day!

:dance: Paid off the mortgage today! Right on schedule, fifteen years after signing the loan docs, but it really feels great. :D

I just reached one year of being FIREd (I'm now 62), taking monthly draws from nest egg. Not in two comma club but my net worth is more than it was last year. Still not feeling comfortable BEING retired, but it actually only just got started as I was major caregiver to mom. (She died in July at 95.) Feeling a bit disorganized in my bereavement. I am determined to sit still until January before making some "Here is what I am going to do with my life" sort of plans. The house and garden look a lot better tho!

OHjosh - that's certainly quite a bit of change in your life. Congratulations on one year of FIRE and best wishes on your bereavement process. Waiting a year before making big decisions is probably a smart move.

We hit the 2x 2 comma club today in invested assets and savings.
About 3 weeks ago I reached the two comma club in only my personal 403b invested assets, but today--including DW's 401k & IRAs and savings--we hit the 2x 2 comma, at least briefly.
20 years ago the goal was 1300k, which I figured would allow us to retire relatively comfortably at 66 with Social Security; we're 10 and 14 years ahead of schedule.

Last edited:
Congrats Rob. Does 2x2 mean u and ur wife both have invested a mill? Great job!

Total investments (retirement accounts + taxable brokerage account) just passed $500k. Onward and upward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom