Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

^^^^ Great milestone and very happy for your success.

Today, I surpassed $900K in investments/cash assets, so less than $100K to go and I'll hit $1 mil. I would have hit $1 mil in investible assets, but paid $100K of mortgage debt the last few months. Eliminated my mortgage and just have a smaller HELOC balance.

Congrats on reaching this milestone.

Hit $18.6 M NW this month. One step closer to near term goal: $20 M. Long term goal: $30 M.

Not sure how this happened, wasn't 2020 supposed to be a bad year? 880k without house or pension values. Currently adding 1k month to savings travel account not tracked elsewhere which is another 40k as it's too hard to travel. Add those values in & subtract my 'debts' ($179 - pd groomers $90 yesterday + $74 to ATT) and my net is 2.58m per My Portfolio app ...

Honestly, I usually only draw 4k a year from IRA with a 75% / 25% split to IRS / State taxes. Taking SSA in May and that'll just be added to brokerage or gifted to kids

how did this happen? Had 80k when I left county

^ I'm very happy for you!! If not retired when do you wish to do so??

Outstanding!!

$1M in retirement assets as of today :dance:

Congratulations! As they say, the first million is the hardest. Here's hoping your next million comes a bit easier for you.

Probably like a lot of people reading these message boards, my wife and I reached a new all-time high.

Lastly, I'd like to call out the user street for always being so genuinely encouraging to people. He makes me want to be a better person.

Congratulations! As they say, the first million is the hardest. Here's hoping your next million comes a bit easier for you.

Probably like a lot of people reading these message boards, my wife and I reached a new all-time high.

Lastly, I'd like to call out the user street for always being so genuinely encouraging to people. He makes me want to be a better person.

That is so very kind of you to say, and thank you!

Last edited:
I recently hit a big milestone, one that I never actually envisioned for myself when I first started thinking about FIRE nearly ten years ago.

My total net worth reached $5 million last month. :dance: That does include the market value of my home, which I usually don't count when calculating my NW. But when I saw that number on my screen a few weekends ago, it felt a bit surreal... and incredibly satisfying.

Looking forward to celebrating the same milestone again fairly soon (hopefully), using only my investable NW. Feeling very fortunate these days. And glad I have this great E-R.org community to share my happy news with. :)

I recently hit a big milestone, one that I never actually envisioned for myself when I first started thinking about FIRE nearly ten years ago.

My total net worth reached $5 million last month. :dance: That does include the market value of my home, which I usually don't count when calculating my NW. But when I saw that number on my screen a few weekends ago, it felt a bit surreal... and incredibly satisfying.

Looking forward to celebrating the same milestone again fairly soon (hopefully), using only my investable NW. Feeling very fortunate these days. And glad I have this great E-R.org community to share my happy news with. :)

Congratulations!!!! [emoji122]

That's great. That surreal feeling is something I've experienced in that past and I anticipate I'll have that same surreal feeling again when I hit my next big milestone. Congrats.

Yesterday we nudged over the next 7 figure net worth milestone. I saved a screenshot as I fear it may not last too long with a market correction possibly looming sooner than later. I would love to be wrong as I'm only 8 months into retirement and would like to build up more confidence.

In some aspects this milestone brings a few sad thoughts for me. Yesterday was my Dad's birthday. He died in 1994, after 2.5 years of retirement. This month my retirement has now lasted longer than his did. All 7 of his kids were out of the house and independent when he was 64, and he could have retired them. But he chose to work to age 70 to maximize pension and SS survivor benefits for Mom, as she had been primarily a SAHM. They enjoyed much of his retirement, his bout with cancer from diagnosis to his death was short. Mom outlived him by 20 years, and appreciated what he had done for her. So some sad thoughts, but happy thoughts upon reflection as well.

I tip my hat to your father for putting his family first. I hope that give you some comfort.

Excluding the equity in our home, our net worth is now $3.5 million. I’ll retire this year at 62 and we will slowly get the house ready to sell. The current plan is to eventually move closer to the grandkids in Nevada. Meantime our mortgage payment is only $1310 a month, which is less than we would pay for an apartment.

Back
Top Bottom