Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-04-2021, 03:44 PM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Not sure how this happened, wasn't 2020 supposed to be a bad year? 880k without house or pension values. Currently adding 1k month to savings travel account not tracked elsewhere which is another 40k as it's too hard to travel. Add those values in & subtract my 'debts' ($179 - pd groomers $90 yesterday + $74 to ATT) and my net is 2.58m per My Portfolio app ...

Honestly, I usually only draw 4k a year from IRA with a 75% / 25% split to IRS / State taxes. Taking SSA in May and that'll just be added to brokerage or gifted to kids

how did this happen? Had 80k when I left county
gayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #82
Recycles dryer sheets

$1M in retirement assets as of today
HenryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:41 PM   #83
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryD View Post
Congratulations!

-AM23
ArmchairMillionaire23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:43 PM   #84
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

^ I'm very happy for you!! If not retired when do you wish to do so??
street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:10 PM   #85
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post
^ I'm very happy for you!! If not retired when do you wish to do so??
Thanks! February 7th, 2025, at the latest!
Old 02-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #86
Give me a forum ...

Outstanding!!
Old 02-06-2021, 08:35 AM   #87
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryD View Post
Congratulations! As they say, the first million is the hardest. Here's hoping your next million comes a bit easier for you.

Probably like a lot of people reading these message boards, my wife and I reached a new all-time high.

Lastly, I'd like to call out the user street for always being so genuinely encouraging to people. He makes me want to be a better person.
Vincenzo Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:03 AM   #88
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo Corleone View Post
Congratulations! As they say, the first million is the hardest. Here's hoping your next million comes a bit easier for you.

Probably like a lot of people reading these message boards, my wife and I reached a new all-time high.

Lastly, I'd like to call out the user street for always being so genuinely encouraging to people. He makes me want to be a better person.

That is so very kind of you to say, and thank you!
Old 02-06-2021, 10:35 AM   #89

I recently hit a big milestone, one that I never actually envisioned for myself when I first started thinking about FIRE nearly ten years ago.

My total net worth reached $5 million last month. That does include the market value of my home, which I usually don't count when calculating my NW. But when I saw that number on my screen a few weekends ago, it felt a bit surreal... and incredibly satisfying.

Looking forward to celebrating the same milestone again fairly soon (hopefully), using only my investable NW. Feeling very fortunate these days. And glad I have this great E-R.org community to share my happy news with.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:42 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
I recently hit a big milestone, one that I never actually envisioned for myself when I first started thinking about FIRE nearly ten years ago.

My total net worth reached $5 million last month. That does include the market value of my home, which I usually don't count when calculating my NW. But when I saw that number on my screen a few weekends ago, it felt a bit surreal... and incredibly satisfying.

Looking forward to celebrating the same milestone again fairly soon (hopefully), using only my investable NW. Feeling very fortunate these days. And glad I have this great E-R.org community to share my happy news with.
Congratulations!!!! [emoji122]
gayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #91
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:

That's great. That surreal feeling is something I've experienced in that past and I anticipate I'll have that same surreal feeling again when I hit my next big milestone. Congrats.
Vincenzo Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:33 AM   #92
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
Good job. Keep up the good work. With the market in all of our favor, you should be able to hit that in no time.
Thanks. I'm grateful for that indeed.
HawaiiShrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:06 PM   #93
Recycles dryer sheets

Yesterday we nudged over the next 7 figure net worth milestone. I saved a screenshot as I fear it may not last too long with a market correction possibly looming sooner than later. I would love to be wrong as I'm only 8 months into retirement and would like to build up more confidence.
nap470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:09 PM   #94

I reached $501k today if I count my car’s value of $12k. I turned 43 last month.
F.I.R.E User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:24 PM   #95
Recycles dryer sheets

Nicely done!
thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #96
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
My total net worth reached $5 million last month.
That's amazing!
Old 02-06-2021, 06:24 PM   #97
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollystomper View Post
In some aspects this milestone brings a few sad thoughts for me. Yesterday was my Dad's birthday. He died in 1994, after 2.5 years of retirement. This month my retirement has now lasted longer than his did. All 7 of his kids were out of the house and independent when he was 64, and he could have retired them. But he chose to work to age 70 to maximize pension and SS survivor benefits for Mom, as she had been primarily a SAHM. They enjoyed much of his retirement, his bout with cancer from diagnosis to his death was short. Mom outlived him by 20 years, and appreciated what he had done for her. So some sad thoughts, but happy thoughts upon reflection as well.
I tip my hat to your father for putting his family first. I hope that give you some comfort.
Aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:50 PM   #98
Recycles dryer sheets

Excluding the equity in our home, our net worth is now $3.5 million. I’ll retire this year at 62 and we will slowly get the house ready to sell. The current plan is to eventually move closer to the grandkids in Nevada. Meantime our mortgage payment is only $1310 a month, which is less than we would pay for an apartment.
GoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:11 PM   #99
Recycles dryer sheets

Congratulations on the one million! It snowballs from there. Definitely the first is the hardest.
Rocky mtn high is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:05 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky mtn high View Post
Congratulations on the one million! It snowballs from there. Definitely the first is the hardest.
What about after reaching half million?
F.I.R.E User is offline   Reply With Quote