Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #121
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

We just realized we have reached eight figures for the first time, even considering what the government is about to take from us because of Roth conversions last year.
Dash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2021, 04:50 PM   #122
Give me a forum ...

Dash man that is awesome and it doesn't happen by accident!!! Is that NW or just portfolio??

Not sure I will ever make that milestone but I'm well over half way there now (NW) and over half in portfolio also.

Regardless of what we have in NW, I feel so blessed to have my health and things I love so much.
street is offline   Reply With Quote
Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021
Old 02-12-2021, 05:01 PM   #123
Give me a forum ...

Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post
Dash man that is awesome and it doesn't happen by accident!!! Is that NW or just portfolio??

Not sure I will ever make that milestone but I'm well over half way there now (NW) and over half in portfolio also.

Regardless of what we have in NW, I feel so blessed to have my health and things I love so much.

Portfolio is about $9M, real estate about $2M (two houses, 2 townhomes our boys live in, and a beach condo in FL).
Old 02-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #124
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

If you’re well over half way there, you’ll make it before you know it!
Old 02-12-2021, 05:28 PM   #125
Give me a forum ...

^ Thanks and you have done well! So many things to be thankful for in life.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:43 PM   #126
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
^ Thanks and you have done well! So many things to be thankful for in life.

Yes, and I love being able to give back. Especially this past year where so many were hurting.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:45 PM   #127
Full time employment: Posting here.

I fell short of a potential milestone in 2020. Everything financial went right for me in 2020 - retired with great severance, markets up strongly, my side gig business had a major uptick, my little bitcoin holding through the roof. I almost, but not quite, added $1M to IA in 2020. I doubt there will ever be another year for me with the potential to break that milestone.

Going forward, my DSO (dear significant other) is retiring in April. We have kept separate finances over our 12 years together and I didn't know much about how she was set up. We recently had a couple sit downs to go over her investment plans for retirement and she is doing better than I thought and is an IA millionaire in her own right , with a reasonable private pension and strong SS record. Doesn't effect my standing, but gives an additional emotional boost. We have placeholder appointments to go in to the attorney and set up our wills, trusts and POAs as soon as we're able to have a face to face sit down. Lots of paperwork gobbledy-gook, but all good and positive milestones to look forward to.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:42 AM   #128
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing View Post
I almost, but not quite, added $1M to IA in 2020. I doubt there will ever be another year for me with the potential to break that milestone.
You likely will be surprised. It is amazing how the dollars compound. You go from a net worth of $1M, to an annual increase in net worth of $1M being amazing, to a $1M annual increase just being the ordinary decent year. But the best part of all is not having the headaches and stresses of working...
firewhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:23 AM   #129
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash man View Post
Portfolio is about $9M, real estate about $2M (two houses, 2 townhomes our boys live in, and a beach condo in FL).

How is 9M portfolio structured? Stocks vs bonds vs CDs
PussInBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:24 PM   #130
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Found this online and I'm surprised his estate is only 2m. How can my NW be higher? Isn't he one of the gurus people follow??

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...ang...181621744.html
gayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:41 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayl View Post
Found this online and I'm surprised his estate is only 2m. How can my NW be higher? Isn't he one of the gurus people follow??

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...ang...181621744.html

Looks like you meant this article? (I can't help but figure out stuff like this when there's missing info.)

And it's easy for people with a huge income to develop expensive tastes, and even live on debt. His job was such that he could keep doing it until a very old age.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:44 PM   #132

Yeah. I was linking to what was apparently the short version. Still just 2m?? Personally surprised.
gayl is offline   Reply With Quote
New Milestone in 401k
Old 03-08-2021, 08:05 AM   #133
Confused about dryer sheets

New Milestone in 401k

I surpassed $2,500,000 in my 401k for the first time last week.
Blurestraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:11 AM   #134
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurestraveler View Post
I surpassed $2,500,000 in my 401k for the first time last week.
Nice job! I know that is many years of hard work. Been there, done that.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #135

Hit a new peak today in overall savings. Caused by "buying the dip" about a 10 days ago.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #136
Confused about dryer sheets

Surpassed $5 million in liquid assets.
Blurestraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:28 PM   #137
Give me a forum ...

Outstanding milestones!
Old 03-10-2021, 06:38 PM   #138

Our milestone was me finding this forum after getting serious about retirement, and seeing the end of the work tunnel.
Once I got here it became clear we could do it sooner than later, and you have given me a ton of things to think about. We don't have millions in investments or real estate, but I do have a pension and retiree medical that helps pave the path for us.
We have set a date range for pulling the plug on work, and it will only go to the far end of that range to max out DW's 403b contribution for 2023. I get a grin thinking about setting her 403b contribution to 100% when we start that year, and her getting pay statements and no checks.
skyking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:14 PM   #139
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking1 View Post
Our milestone was me finding this forum after getting serious about retirement, and seeing the end of the work tunnel.
Once I got here it became clear we could do it sooner than later, and you have given me a ton of things to think about. We don't have millions in investments or real estate, but I do have a pension and retiree medical that helps pave the path for us.
We have set a date range for pulling the plug on work, and it will only go to the far end of that range to max out DW's 403b contribution for 2023. I get a grin thinking about setting her 403b contribution to 100% when we start that year, and her getting pay statements and no checks.
Good for you! That day will come before you know it. Enjoy the journey along the way!
thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:20 PM   #140

How did you accomplish this? This is FatFIRE.
F.I.R.E User is offline   Reply With Quote