Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

When I was walking to w*rk this morning, it suddenly struck me that this is my last "Monday morning." I am not officially done until July 1, but I am effectively finished May 23, and I don't have anything next Monday! :dance:

Congrats. That should be the first of many good retirement feelings coming your way.

When I was walking to w*rk this morning, it suddenly struck me that this is my last "Monday morning." I am not officially done until July 1, but I am effectively finished May 23, and I don't have anything next Monday! :dance:

I wonder if anyone else F.I.R.E’ed where you work and/or will?

2021, 2nd year with no W-2 income but NW went up to 9.1M all thanks to the stock market since March 2020 low and daughter starting Nurse Anesthetist school in August.

Congratulations to you and your daughter!

I have a special place in my heart for CRNA's.

Here is my milestones (not sharing a number sorry):
- finally had a comprehensive review of my finances with a professional (fee only). Confirmed we are in pretty good shape, in part due to our frugal living and retirement goals (still involves international travel, so not that frugal)
- Decided on a Retirement date, 10 years from now. Mortgage will be paid, etc... I can probably pull the plug earlier and might, but it's good to have a date in mind
- finally got a revocable trust fully established, my kids are too young to inherit my retirement funds at once.
- got Personal Liability Insurance Plan, gotta protect those growing assets
- Switched into slightly more conservative asset allocation, capturing some of tte gains of the past 2 decades. right now I'm more worried about having less than gaining more. (but I'm still at 60/40)
- consolidated several old 401(ks), bank accounts and brokerage accounts and really decrease the annual fees significantly (all in fund fees, not adviser fees)
- did more reading/refreshing about investing, etc... I am more than ever a fan of Index funds and I think I may be turning into a 3-fund Boglehead
- started tracking my money using the Personal Capital free tools, better visibility, also helped me refine how much I should put towards retirement vs other items
- learned more about social security and decided I want to take it at age 70, that decision helps putting a retirement plan together (the first decade of my retirement will be mostly sans SS)
- switched over to using my HSA as a triple-tax free investment vehicle, should have done that years ago, but can't change that.
- discovered FirCalc, the personal Capital Retirement planning tool etc... great for playing what is games even if history doesn't repeat iitself.

so yeah, quite the milestone.

Here is my milestones (not sharing a number sorry):
- finally had a comprehensive review of my finances with a professional (fee only). Confirmed we are in pretty good shape, in part due to our frugal living and retirement goals (still involves international travel, so not that frugal)
- Decided on a Retirement date, 10 years from now. Mortgage will be paid, etc... I can probably pull the plug earlier and might, but it's good to have a date in mind
- finally got a revocable trust fully established, my kids are too young to inherit my retirement funds at once.
- got Personal Liability Insurance Plan, gotta protect those growing assets
- Switched into slightly more conservative asset allocation, capturing some of tte gains of the past 2 decades. right now I'm more worried about having less than gaining more. (but I'm still at 60/40)
- consolidated several old 401(ks), bank accounts and brokerage accounts and really decrease the annual fees significantly (all in fund fees, not adviser fees)
- did more reading/refreshing about investing, etc... I am more than ever a fan of Index funds and I think I may be turning into a 3-fund Boglehead
- started tracking my money using the Personal Capital free tools, better visibility, also helped me refine how much I should put towards retirement vs other items
- learned more about social security and decided I want to take it at age 70, that decision helps putting a retirement plan together (the first decade of my retirement will be mostly sans SS)
- switched over to using my HSA as a triple-tax free investment vehicle, should have done that years ago, but can't change that.
- discovered FirCalc, the personal Capital Retirement planning tool etc... great for playing what is games even if history doesn't repeat iitself.

so yeah, quite the milestone.

Good accomplishments which should lead you to the promised land of retirement.

Funny story....I was updating our detailed numbers / projections today like I do every month and discovered some issues with some of our calculations. After going through everything in our file very meticulously (hours) and making some adjustments, I realized we have now reached a VERY significant milestone. We've saved 52% of our projected retirement expenses! It feels great!!!

Hit 5 million on 5/7/21 in investable assets through no fault of my own. Probably crowing too soon and the correction is coming. But for now...Monday is another day.

Lazy fish: Now that is impressive indeed. Congrats!

New personal high. And if my calculations are correct - taking a pension into consideration - we're looking at a 1.42% WR (1.88% WR not considering the pension) to meet our pre-Covid standard of living.

Someone pinch me.

New personal high. And if my calculations are correct - taking a pension into consideration - we're looking at a 1.42% WR (1.88% WR not considering the pension) to meet our pre-Covid standard of living.

Someone pinch me.

I will, if you make me an offer I can't refuse.

Congratulations!
Funny story....I was updating our detailed numbers / projections today like I do every month and discovered some issues with some of our calculations. After going through everything in our file very meticulously (hours) and making some adjustments, I realized we have now reached a VERY significant milestone. We've saved 52% of our projected retirement expenses! It feels great!!!

Reached 400 grand in investments! Actually, we went on vacation for a week and came home richer than we left! :D

03-20-2015: 100,000
09-24-2018: 200,000
09-24-2019: 300,000
06-03-2021: 400,000

Reached 400 grand in investments! Actually, we went on vacation for a week and came home richer than we left! :D

03-20-2015: 100,000
09-24-2018: 200,000
09-24-2019: 300,000
06-03-2021: 400,000
If you noticed your investments pot roughly doubles every 3 years! We save significant portion of income as well so my overall Networth also has been doubling every 3 years for the last 15 years. You will start to see snowballing very soon but don't let the lifestyle creep happen.

Someone pinch me.

So what are you waiting for. Chase the sun.

I have been a long time lurker here and I much appreciate the information and dialogue on this site. A new milestone flirting with 1M in invested assets this year. Over time the overall goal has changed some, but looking back at 2015 to now, its been wild to see the change. I hope to start feeling the weight of the "snowball effect" over the next 8-9 years. :)

2015 Feb
Age 40

Net Assets 500K
Net worth 400K
Invested Assets 300K

2021 June
Age 47

Net Assets 1.4M
Net worth 1.2M
Invested Assets 950K

I have been a long time lurker here and I much appreciate the information and dialogue on this site. A new milestone flirting with 1M in invested assets this year. Over time the overall goal has changed some, but looking back at 2015 to now, its been wild to see the change. I hope to start feeling the weight of the "snowball effect" over the next 8-9 years. :)

2015 Feb
Age 40

Net Assets 500K
Net worth 400K
Invested Assets 300K

2021 June
Age 47

Net Assets 1.4M
Net worth 1.2M
Invested Assets 950K

Age 43 here. I have $535k NW. I will take $1M at your age.

If you noticed your investments pot roughly doubles every 3 years! We save significant portion of income as well so my overall Networth also has been doubling every 3 years for the last 15 years. You will start to see snowballing very soon but don't let the lifestyle creep happen.

I'd take that, but realistically, I expect it to take closer to 8 years for my holdings to double again. The bigger the stash gets, the less impact my contributions have.

2015 Feb
Age 40

Net Assets 500K
Net worth 400K
Invested Assets 300K

2021 June
Age 47

Net Assets 1.4M
Net worth 1.2M
Invested Assets 950K

That is a beautiful progression of numbers. If you are not already feeling the effects of passive growth and snowballing I would say you are on the very cusp of it.

:clap:

Wife and I are 36 with a newborn

We recently reached:
- investable assets of 410K
- property equity of 380k (two rentals and primary)
- total NW is almost 795k (or ~650k not including primary home)

Really starting saving with intent 2 years ago. We both always LBYM but focused on saving in the bank and not investing (big mistake) and using that for downpayment on homes.

Can't wait to have her and I both leave the rat race!

Last edited:
I recently hit a big milestone, one that I never actually envisioned for myself when I first started thinking about FIRE nearly ten years ago.

My total net worth reached $5 million last month. :dance: That does include the market value of my home, which I usually don't count when calculating my NW. But when I saw that number on my screen a few weekends ago, it felt a bit surreal... and incredibly satisfying.

Looking forward to celebrating the same milestone again fairly soon (hopefully), using only my investable NW. Feeling very fortunate these days. And glad I have this great E-R.org community to share my happy news with. :)

As I mentioned in the above quote a mere four months ago, my total net worth (including the value of my home) hit $5 million for the first time. Well, here I am again to report that my investable net worth has now also reached $5 million! :) Since my home has a market value of just under $400k, that means that my investable NW has soared by roughly $100k/month recently. Pretty amazing to contemplate these kinds of numbers.

We hit two milestones this week:

Ages: 56 & 56

$4.5M NW
$3.0M portfolio/savings

Feeling satisfied…it’s nice to be able to share with this community. Best wishes to everyone on your personal journey.

Back
Top Bottom