Social Security Benefit Calculator Question

AreWeThereYet0

Recycles dryer sheets
I feel really dumb but I really cannot figure this out. I am just at the beginning of entering my information in. I put in my birthday, moved to the second screen (supplemental worker information) and put in my normal retirement date given my age. I choose none for everything else. Then it takes me back to the main screen and says I will retire in May 2040 at age 0. Normal retirement is 0 yrs and 0 months. Early retirement is 0 yrs and 0 months. Clearly I am doing something wrong and am just being stupid. Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

It would be helpful if you gave the URL for the website you're using. There are multiple SS benefit calculators out there.

Looked at the user guide. Stuck here:

"Enter the date at which you want to start receiving benefits in the entitlement date blank
on the supplemental worker form and enter the years in which you will enter your
earnings. You should include estimated future earnings. "

It doesn't like it if I leave the entitlement date blank.

I started a new one and I am still stuck. I am unable to get past that screen following the user guide instructions. I must be doing something wrong.

So I saved my original attempt and went back to it and it populated with data. Weird program. I guess I am good. Thanks!

So I saved my original attempt and went back to it and it populated with data. Weird program. I guess I am good. Thanks!
Yes, not exactly "intuitive" or "user-friendly". ;)

You might try any of the non-ss.gov tools mentioned earlier. They should either match anypia exactly, or maybe differ by a few dollars per month at most. Ease of use is in the eye of the beholder, but probably....

No. Not user friendly but I figured it out. It's great that you can project your income out and your lack of income as well. That is why I wanted this particular calculator. With my luck SS won't exist by the time I am 62. That is another twenty years down the road.

Back
Top Bottom