Social Security website down?

always_learning

Recycles dryer sheets
Is anyone having trouble logging in to their SSA account?

I know the site was having issues last week (it logged dh in but hung up at the 2FA), but now he can't even get to the 2FA part and gets a "cannot proceed, try again in 24 hours" message.

When something like that happens to me, I generally reboot my computer and try a different browser.

I don't know about that, but the Treasury Direct page was inaccessible yesterday..

FWIW, I have found there are some sights that don't work well with VPNs. So, if you have one turned on you might try disabling it. Other than that, reboot and try a different browser. Some sites are overly browser specific. Not so good.

When something like that happens to me, I generally reboot my computer and try a different browser.

Yeah, dh tried that but got the same message.

FWIW, I have found there are some sights that don't work well with VPNs. So, if you have one turned on you might try disabling it. Other than that, reboot and try a different browser. Some sites are overly browser specific. Not so good.

No VPN, and he tried the other browser. It's just a mystery at this point.

Thanks, everyone. At least we know things *should* be working OK. He'll know in the morning once the 24 hour 'time out' is over and see if he can get in or not.

In case anyone cares/is still following along, dh was able to sign in without issue this morning.

Must have been a blip somewhere.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Back
Top Bottom