Started nibblin

And there's the rub! :)

-ERD50

Lol. Too true.

It brings up an interesting question. I sold at 3200, when will I get back in to the same equity level I had before?

I went from 72 to 50% equities. I went to 55 at 2400. Now, I don't see us going to 3200 any time soon, especially without *much* better news. Of course, I could be wrong.

I'm curious to see how this plays out. When I dropped down to 50%, I was ok with leaving gains on the table (I added more details on another thread). I will go back to 72 eventually, ideally around 80/20, so this is just a question of when I'll do this.

Even if I miss out or this becomes a wash, I'm ok with it. I lose very little if I'm wrong and have gained quite a bit if I'm right.

I put in some amount at 5%, 10%, 20%, and 30% drops. I'll put in more at 40% next or May. I am not sure it will get there, given the number of promising clinical trials that are happening. If the one that the U of Minnesota just started pans out, it will be a game changer and it based on one that S. Korea uses as its treatment protocol, resulting in the .5% death rate. It's already in use so they are already in phase 3 and will get a read in a couple of weeks.

Ok - I didn't realize the President would push the FDA to look at this. Perhaps the treatment will get accelerated and at least the medical aspect of this situation will improve and we only need to deal with the economic reprecussions. I bought the next tranche.

Last edited:
I meant to sit on my hands because I told myself this thing would take some time to develop. But that was basing on my own experience in the market rout of 2000-2003, and the Great Recession of 2007-2009. This time, the market dropped so fast, it caught me off guard like everybody else.

However, I recovered from my daze enough for my greed to take over. And I have bought about $100K since 2/19. Did it too soon, and lost money on all these buys. Darn!

Still have much more ammo, but I need to slow down. Reminded myself once more to space out my buys. Being a stock lover that I am, it's hard to exercise restraint. :)

Last edited:
I put in some amount at 5%, 10%, 20%, and 30% drops. I'll put in more at 40% next or May. I am not sure it will get there, given the number of promising clinical trials that are happening. If the one that the U of Minnesota just started pans out, it will be a game changer and it based on one that S. Korea uses as its treatment protocol, resulting in the .5% death rate. It's already in use so they are already in phase 3 and will get a read in a couple of weeks.

How much will you put in at the 80% level? Just asking as the 1929+ crash bottomed at -89%. I'm not saying this is were we are heading, just saying that things can feed on themselves. In that scenario, if you were smart enough to go all in at -40%, at the bottom you would have lost 72.5% of your smart @ -40% investment. And if one was super super smart and got in at -80%, they still would have been down an astounding 45% at the bottom.

Hey, I've been buying a few things myself, but math is math (and it isn't good when it comes to % losses).

Last edited:
I decided to buy back in some today. I think it still has a ways to go down. We will be traveling the next couple days, and this way if it takes off like a rocket ship, at least I picked some up at the current depressed price.

I decided to buy back in some today. I think it still has a ways to go down. We will be traveling the next couple days, and this way if it takes off like a rocket ship, at least I picked some up at the current depressed price.

People who have never invested in their lives have been asking me for stock tips. SO I figure it's probably about ready to get the dry powder ready for round 2. Gonna wait for another bloody Monday, I think Running_Man is onto something, we might have another drop before all the cobwebs get shook loose.

How much will you put in at the 80% level? Just asking as the 1929+ crash bottomed at -89%. I'm not saying this is were we are heading, just saying that things can feed on themselves. In that scenario, if you were smart enough to go all in at -40%, at the bottom you would have lost 72.5% of your smart @ -40% investment. And if one was super super smart and got in at -80%, they still would have been down an astounding 45% at the bottom.

I'm dollar cost averaging down. 80% of my cash reserves would be deployed if the S&P goes down to 80% . The only scenarios I can rationally see at that level is 1) virus further mutates and kills far more people or 2) we experience hyperinflation.

Last edited:
If I had any dry powder I would be giving ATT are close look. I like the current dividend yield of 7.31% a lot.

ATT paid ~30b toward debt in 2019 and has a debt reduction program in place. It is a concern but not a deal killer for me.

Back
Top Bottom