Started nibblin

kgtest

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I bit on AAPL. down almost 17% from 52 week highs, I couldn't resist. Technically this is a re balance... but I also have more cash laying around then ever before coincidentally. Normally when the market turns I am cash poor.

I always like to own 10% of my portfolio in AAPL and it has gotten down to about 8.5% so building back that position on the down days here to come. 1grand at a time.

And I bought some VHT. It got hit pretty hard recently. And my guess is that game isn't going anywhere. Healthcare...Coronavirus...I know right!

DB called to talk about other things and at the end of the call he says "How do you buy a stock?" I'm stunned. He's 80, owns several rental properties and previously only expressed contempt for the stock market. Now he wants to buy AAPL "because it's fallen all the way to 266". You say it's 17% off an all time high and I say its up 56% YOY (glass half empty).

Now I need to help him navigate opening a merriledge account on his phone.

I bought a little GIS, TAP, and CSCO in the last day or two.

Not a lot, just enough to not feel bad if the market bounces back strongly.

Still not excited about most of the valuations in the market currently.

DB called to talk about other things and at the end of the call he says "How do you buy a stock?" I'm stunned. He's 80, owns several rental properties and previously only expressed contempt for the stock market. Now he wants to buy AAPL "because it's fallen all the way to 266". You say it's 17% off an all time high and I say its up 56% YOY (glass half empty).

Now I need to help him navigate opening a merriledge account on his phone.

Lol thats awesome. Everyone wants in on the dip. First time I bought AAPL was for $96. Now I just paid $269 lol. Air pods baby

Like you I started buying today at the open. Got Apple and a few other names like Adobe and Micron. I figure if the market keeps sliding then the virus must be so bad we all get infected....and if that happens then these buys won't really matter. If u have the dry powder this seems like a good point to get a discount on the ones u like.

And I think I am back for round 2. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

Haven't reached my ridiculously low buy prices yet. If I get my prices things are going to be pretty bad and I'll need the good news.

I am saving my money for the fire sale. $250 Tesla, $72 Merck, $180 Apple

Oh, and Disney. I want some Disney, but only want to pay $90 max

Last edited:
Bought about $25k worth of VTI at $140. Glad I changed my VTI limit order yesterday from $145 to $140, for a while it showed 'change pending' on vanguard but I guess they processed the change before the markets opened this morning :)

Last edited:
Bought about $25k worth of VTI at $140. Glad I changed my VTI limit order from $145 to $140, for a while it showed 'change pending' on vanguard but I guess they processed the change before the markets opened this morning :)

$15K in VTI here today....Catch that falling knife Baby

I am not interested in Tesla, but Merk was in the 60s in 2018. If it gets down there, I will buy. Apple at $180 sounds reasonable.

A lot depends on one's existing AA. Somebody who has little stock right now can start shopping early. I have enough, and will load up only if it gets really cheap. If I miss the sales du jour of 15%-20% off, it's OK.

$15K in VTI here today....Catch that falling knife Baby

I bought some more AAPL. 18% discount from 52 wk highs. I don't need to sell anytime soon so I can ride this one for a while!

EDIT to add, only a LITTLE... in the broker. I feel like this is gambling.

Normally, my AA and my cash reserves dont align when a dip happens like this. This is the first time since I can recall I actually had cash on a dip outside of DCA our 401k. If you look at that side of the house our contribution timing has been terrible and keeps hitting the bounce days. Normally I have less than 1% AA in cash or MM

GOOG and GOOGL are about 20% off their 52-week highs, too. I have a mental block buying more of those or AAPL, though, because I bought them so low back in 2008.

Good suggestion on Disney. Do you think $90 is pretty low, though? Doesn't look it has been at that level for a while.

Good suggestion on Disney. Do you think $90 is pretty low, though? Doesn't look it has been at that level for a while.

May never get there but if they close a park or three for an extended period, I bet it does.

May never get there but if they close a park or three for an extended period, I bet it does.

You're probably right on that. We have an annual pass, and there is no way we are going soon. So even if it is not closed, I am sure attendance will be way down. My extended family, ages 84, 82, 65, 36, 33, 31, 3, and 1, are considering canceling their trip next week.

I think I might buy some at the next dip, then wait for your $90 number for a second buy :)

Eh the parks aren't the main worry, it's the movies. No one wants to do a big release into empty theatres, and the april/may films are going to get pushed back most likely like the Bond film did. Depending now long this goes, if the summer blockbuster season gets squashed that's an impact. There are also articles about delays on merch (baby yoda) due to supply chain impacts.

Disney might balance some of that with more Plus subscribers.

I've been playing around a little with AAPL. At one point, I think I had about 300 shares, but as it would go to new highs, I'd sell a little off. My last sell-off was on 1/2/2020, when it hit $300/sh. I sold off 5 shares, and was down to 220 shares.

I think I was planning on selling off another 5 shares, if it hit $340 per share, but it never did.

On 2/28/2020, I bought back 5 shares, at $258.70 per share.

Back
Top Bottom