Stimulus 3 deposit already!

Same thing happened here. Direct deposit first check. Late January I checked the IRS site for refunds. We moved in October / November. Site said check #2 was MAILED out around January 4. Not happy as we expected it to be direct deposited to the account as before.

Late February we got a call the newbies that bought our house dropped a pile of mail of at an old neighbors. (I should have made sure they knew how to get the USPS to send mail they failed to forward correctly) . The check was in that stack.

Here is the site...

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

The IRS site also said then that I had to wait until March 10 to try and find the missing check.

Yeah, the "get my payment" IRS page is worthless. I have checked that site periodically since early January, regarding the second stimulus check. At first, it said our check had been mailed. That was incorrect, as we never received it in the mail. Later, it said "we don't have enough information to process your payment", and it still says that today. So I've given up on the second check - I'll just claim it when I file my taxes. I have a feeling I am going to have to do the same thing regarding the third stimulus check. The funny thing is, the first stimulus check came to us right away, via direct deposit. So, they have our direct deposit information.

Just checked the "Get my payment" tool, and it informs me that I'm scheduled for direct deposit of my EIP3 on 3/17, and it gives me the last four of the bank account that received the direct deposit of my 2019 federal income tax refund. Works for me.

Barely 24 hours since the president signed the relief bill and the IRS has already deposited the money in our account. I’m stunned.
That's because I just paid my 2020 taxes so they had the cash...:LOL:

Just checked the "Get my payment" tool, and it informs me that I'm scheduled for direct deposit of my EIP3 on 3/17, and it gives me the last four of the bank account that received the direct deposit of my 2019 federal income tax refund. Works for me.

Me too. That works for me.

Mine says the 17th also. We'll get the full amount if they go by 2020 taxes and zero if they go by 2019 taxes. I'm hopeful since I filed and got my refund a couple of weeks ago.

Scheduled to get mine next Wednesday. And, planning to dump it right back into the economy. Think I'll buy a new iPhone since I heard Apple was hurting...

Chase and Wells Fargo Banks have both said no early release for depositors, look for your stimulus 3/17.

Chase and Wells Fargo Banks have both said no early release for depositors, look for your stimulus 3/17.

I guess that I can thank my local credit union for the early release.

When I looked more closely at the deposit notation it does include the 3/17 date.

Says we should get ours March 17th, I'm super grateful now we didn't file taxes yet. Now just have to wait for the rest of the changes to trickle into the tax software.

Don’t want to start a new thread but have a question related to stimulus payment.

In 2019 I made a little over the limit in AGI. In 2020 I made way below the limit and am eligible for full payment. Will file my 2020 taxes electronically ASAP, but it might be already too late.

What option do I have if the IRS uses my 2019 amount and declares me not eligible for a payment?

Is there a process to file an appeal and ask them to look at my 2020 return?

Thanks for your input.

Don’t want to start a new thread but have a question related to stimulus payment.

In 2019 I made a little over the limit in AGI. In 2020 I made way below the limit and am eligible for full payment. Will file my 2020 taxes electronically ASAP, but it might be already too late.

What option do I have if the IRS uses my 2019 amount and declares me not eligible for a payment?

Thanks for your input.

You're right, you may be too late for the initial determination.

There's a second checkpoint which will fall between July 15 and September 1 when the IRS will check again. If you've filed your 2020 return and qualify for a stimulus payment, they'll make the payment to you then.

If you miss that second checkpoint as well, then you can claim it as a recovery rebate credit on your 2021 tax return about a year from now.

There is no appeal process. You have to wait for either the second checkpoint or for next year.

I don't think I'm getting a stimulus deposit this time. My AGI was too high. :'(

Oh well! Having a higher income is not a bad thing when you think about it.

Exactly. When I want to feel a bit put out by it, I focus on the fact that our two sons, their wives, and other family members and friends will be getting it. And they need it more than we do. If only I hadn’t filed our 2020 return so early! :facepalm:

Reactions: W2R
<<< Quote:
Originally Posted by Ologist

Thanks for your input. >>>

There's a second checkpoint which will fall between July 15 and September 1 when the IRS will check again. If you've filed your 2020 return and qualify for a stimulus payment, they'll make the payment to you then.

If you miss that second checkpoint as well, then you can claim it as a recovery rebate credit on your 2021 tax return about a year from now.

There is no appeal process. You have to wait for either the second checkpoint or for next year.

Shouldn’t Ologist be able to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on his 2020 return he’s (she’s?) filing soon?

For those getting it, please do your patriotic duty to stimulate the economy by spending it! None of this ER reflex business, “Oh, I’ll spend 4%” or “3.5% to be conservative” or “I have a pension so I’m not spending any of it.” America needs you to flex your withered pandemic spending muscles and...Blow That Dough! [emoji898][emoji450][emoji322][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Shouldn’t Ologist be able to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on his 2020 return he’s (she’s?) filing soon?

For the first two stimulus payments, yes.

For the third stimulus payment, no.

I assumed by the timing and language of Ologist's post that they were referring to the third stimulus payment.

This is music to my ears. Our accountant filed our return yesterday 3/13. I fear that we were too late for this initial IRS check and our 2019 return exceeded the threshold. Knowing that they will check again, gives me great comfort. If we had to wait until filing our 2021 return, we would not qualify, as our 2021 income will exceed the threshold.

:dance:

Thanks, just the information I was looking for! BTW I am male.

Barely 24 hours since the president signed the relief bill and the IRS has already deposited the money in our account. I’m stunned.

Any entity that can literally create money with the click of a mouse is bound to be pretty damm efficient :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom