Stimulus 3 deposit already!

ocean view

Full time employment: Posting here.
Barely 24 hours since the president signed the relief bill and the IRS has already deposited the money in our account. I’m stunned.

Too bad the U.S. Treasury doesn't have a website where one can go in and pull your own "Stim" Check. That would make it easier for future planned distributions. :LOL:

Sorry, that was me. I venmo'd it to you by mistake. Could you send it back?

We won’t get one this time. Shoulda waited to file 2020 taxes, dang it!
We qualified and received the other two payments, but likely not #3 due to a Roth conversion last year moving our income above the threshold.

Be aware, AFAIK, the ‘phaseout’ range is much smaller with this 3rd one. MFJ phaseout from $150-160k, hard line cut off ($0 payment) over $160k.

We could probably get the payment with next year’s return if we choose not to convert again this year. But I think the benefits of Roth conversion (at current historically low tax rates) will far outweigh the benefit of EIP #3.

I just checked and while we did not get the stimulus deposit we did get the tax refund on March 3rd. Not bad.

This proves that the IRS can be efficient. I thought that was impossible.

They're not that efficient. DW and I still have not received our 2nd stimulus check, from January. Got the first one as a direct deposit, but the second one never showed up. Guess we will have to claim it as a rebate on our taxes.

The IRS does not have DD authority so they will send a check/credit card. We received a notification from them yesterday that it was on the way. It was indeed significantly reduced from last time, and we have not filed 2020 yet so it is just the faster phasing out.

Stimulus checks do not come from the IRS. They come from the Treasury Department.

Actually, the IRS is a bureau of the Treasury Department.

Attachments

• 513A5BC3-3F87-4B75-98A8-D7D75EF2D1D4.jpeg
    513A5BC3-3F87-4B75-98A8-D7D75EF2D1D4.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 100
I don't think I'm getting a stimulus deposit this time. My AGI was too high. :'(

Oh well! Having a higher income is not a bad thing when you think about it.

Several posts had to be deleted from this thread. We're sure you can guess why. Please keep it under control.

Attachments

• Porky warning 1.jpg
    Porky warning 1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 411
Perhaps it was mailed

They're not that efficient. DW and I still have not received our 2nd stimulus check, from January. Got the first one as a direct deposit, but the second one never showed up. Guess we will have to claim it as a rebate on our taxes.

Same thing happened here. Direct deposit first check. Late January I checked the IRS site for refunds. We moved in October / November. Site said check #2 was MAILED out around January 4. Not happy as we expected it to be direct deposited to the account as before.

Late February we got a call the newbies that bought our house dropped a pile of mail of at an old neighbors. (I should have made sure they knew how to get the USPS to send mail they failed to forward correctly) . The check was in that stack.

Here is the site...

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

The IRS site also said then that I had to wait until March 10 to try and find the missing check.

Government doesn't give me anything I have to pay for all of you.

Back
Top Bottom