Stimulus 3 deposit already!

Ours hit today also.:dance:

The SS deposit isn't until next week. What, oh what, will we do with all that money?:angel:

Oh, I know! We'll buy a new computer with lots of RAM and a fast video card for photo and video processing. That should pretty much take care of it.

I got my SS deposit but no sign of any stimulus. Oh well I qualify so I guess I will get it eventually and then pass it on to people who need it a lot more than I do.

Yep, I got the "payment status not available" for this third stimulus check, and got the same notice for the second check, back in January. Never got that one, and I don't expect to get the third one either. Going to just claim the rebate for both when I file my taxes in a couple weeks. I did receive the first stimulus check via direct deposit, with no issues.
You can claim the stimulus payment from January 2021 that you didn't receive when you file your 2020 return, but not the 3rd payment that others are now receiving based on their 2019 or 2020 returns. There is no place on the 2020 return to claim the 3rd payment. But, the IRS will look again at filed and processed 2020 returns between July 15th and September 1st and if you qualify, will then send you the third payment. If you don't qualify based on your 2019 or 2020 income but do based on your 2021 return, you can claim your payment when you file your 2021 return a year from now.

Last edited:
Received our $2800 payment yesterday, just as the IRS website stated it would be.

Now I can file 2020 taxes, which would have disqualified us, because of Roth conversions done in 2020.

I am getting more and more skeptical of doing Roth conversions or really anything that causes tax now vs perceived tax later. It just seems we are in times where if a tax is a hardship, they get rid of it.

Going to feel a bit like a sucker if they declare all IRAs to be tax free, traditional or Roth.

Just checked the Get My Payment IRS site and it says "Payment Status Not Available". We got the first 2 stimulus payments deposited to our checking account and we qualify for this one too. Anyone else getting "Payment Status Not Available" on the IRS site?

Same for us, and we qualify. Bunch of people over at bogleheads are having same issue and they qualify. Guess we have to wait our turn.

Got the direct deposit "check"

Does investing part of the money in an American company's stock help bolster the economy?*

*We'll also buy a new vacuum and hair dryer with the money.

Last edited:
If you don't qualify based on your 2019 or 2020 income but do based on your 2021 return, you can claim your payment when you file your 2021 return a year from now.

Is this announced ? You can still receive the stimulus based on 2021 income qualifications ? Anyone know which stimulus payments this applies to ? I didn't qualify for any of the payments but will if 2021 income is a qualifier.

Same for us, and we qualify. Bunch of people over at bogleheads are having same issue and they qualify. Guess we have to wait our turn.

Ditto. First two came without a hitch. But no status or deposit of the third, yet.

Is this announced ? You can still receive the stimulus based on 2021 income qualifications ? Anyone know which stimulus payments this applies to ? I didn't qualify for any of the payments but will if 2021 income is a qualifier.

In order:

Yes.

Yes.

The third/current/$1400 one.

Going to feel a bit like a sucker if they declare all IRAs to be tax free, traditional or Roth.

I'm not one to make predictions, but I really don't think you have to worry about this happening.

Glad I'm not the only one! Got my first check $1,200 (paper), then did not get the second ($600, and status not available). And have not yet gotten 3rd (status not available).

I'm not one to make predictions, but I really don't think you have to worry about this happening.

Yeah, maybe, but I would never have guessed that the government would just tell me I didn't have to pay back $11,000 of subsidy either.

You can claim the stimulus payment from January 2021 that you didn't receive when you file your 2020 return, but not the 3rd payment that others are now receiving based on their 2019 or 2020 returns. There is no place on the 2020 return to claim the 3rd payment. But, the IRS will look again at filed and processed 2020 returns between July 15th and September 1st and if you qualify, will then send you the third payment. If you don't qualify based on your 2019 or 2020 income but do based on your 2021 return, you can claim your payment when you file your 2021 return a year from now.

Well, that's lovely. So, because of some IRS screw-up, I may have to wait another FULL YEAR to get the third stimulus payment? Unbelievable. Good thing I don't really need the money to pay my bills, as some folks do. I absolutely DO qualify, and I got the first stimulus payment as a direct deposit, so they have all my info..........

Well, that's lovely. So, because of some IRS screw-up, I may have to wait another FULL YEAR to get the third stimulus payment? Unbelievable. Good thing I don't really need the money to pay my bills, as some folks do. I absolutely DO qualify, and I got the first stimulus payment as a direct deposit, so they have all my info..........

Don't give up yet. I have not received this 3rd stimulus either but I understand that there are more payments being sent out.

Don't give up yet. I have not received this 3rd stimulus either but I understand that there are more payments being sent out.

Yes, I'm sure that's true, but I never got the second one either, so it seems to me that IRS has a problem finding my direct deposit information, for whatever reason. You would think that after several months of nothing happening, they would have just mailed me a check (for the second one).

The IRS Get my Payment site was updated overnight. I was getting the Status Unavailable message yesterday but just now it said my payment will be "mailed" on March 26. I got my first 2 stimulus payments by direct deposit, I don't know why this payment will be mailed which will add 2 weeks to the time I receive it because the USPS is so slow here. But anyway I know I am suppose to get it.

The IRS Get my Payment site was updated overnight. I was getting the Status Unavailable message yesterday but just now it said my payment will be "mailed" on March 26. I got my first 2 stimulus payments by direct deposit, I don't know why this payment will be mailed which will add 2 weeks to the time I receive it because the USPS is so slow here. But anyway I know I am suppose to get it.

Can you post the official link to this site, so I don't use any scam sites?
My DGF didn't receive her stimulus monies yet and filed electronically but did owe monies.

Us too!

Wohoo! Us too. They also updated our address . (We moved and told the IRS in January after they mailed the January check to the old address) Don't ask why they can't direct deposit it like the first check....

Just glad it is being sent to our current address. USPS failed to forward a lot of our mail and after over 3 months the new owners finally told a neighbor who texted my husband in late January. Fortunately we are only about 90 minutes away from the old house and had a final visit to the old dentist in early February so we picked up the stack. I also left a note on one of the three pieces of mail that the current owners should have kept telling them to write a note on misdelivered mail to have it properly forwarded.

Postal service is slow enough, glad it is at least headed to the right address.

Can you post the official link to this site, so I don't use any scam sites?
My DGF didn't receive her stimulus monies yet and filed electronically but did owe monies.

irs.gov/getmypayment

Back
Top Bottom