Stimulus direct deposit, checks and EIP cards.

I can't get past the banking info section as it says it does not recognize my info. pretty frustrating. tried every conceivable combination for 2018 taxes and 2019 taxes. same as lots of people credited my refund to next years taxes, but had to pay in 2018. anybody having luck with this scenario lately?

The apply refund to next years taxes is still a known bug. And you can’t use your 2018 info if they are already using your 2019 info which it sounds like in your case.

We filed 2019 taxes on March 27. The direct payment site accepted our info immediately (2 days ago). I was worried about hacking, but decided to go ahead and use the site.

Child born DURING COVID and legislation

My new child was born 4/5. Literally during the Pandemic. I filed our 2019 taxes back in early February for 2019 tax year for our family of 4 (then).

How do I claim the $500 for my third child born during the Pandemic? I tried the IRS/Intuit Non-Filer form thinking I could do a 0 return for new COVID baby but the form "error handling" would not allow 4/5/2020 as a valid date (greyed out submit unless I backdate)...

Sooo... I am kinda screwed or what? :facepalm:

My new child was born 4/5. Literally during the Pandemic. I filed our 2019 taxes back in early February for 2019 tax year for our family of 4 (then).

How do I claim the $500 for my third child born during the Pandemic? I tried the IRS/Intuit Non-Filer form thinking I could do a 0 return for new COVID baby but the form "error handling" would not allow 4/5/2020 as a valid date (greyed out submit unless I backdate)...

Sooo... I am kinda screwed or what? :facepalm:

Congrats on the new baby! You will get the extra $500 when you file your 2020 return next year. There's no way to claim it earlier.

In a way I sort of lucked out. I did apply my refund to next years taxes, but I used only part of my refund to do that. So I was able to put the refund amount left over in the space provided on the get my refund site. On the downside I am still waiting for my deposit after giving the IRS my bank info.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new baby! You will get the extra $500 when you file your 2020 return next year. There's no way to claim it earlier.

Thank you! It was "interesting" in the hospital, but I kinda liked the uninterrupted, safe and quick journey, so did DW.

Looks like the little one gets a 529 right away :) They will need it with this can getting kicked down the road.

I just submitted my federal taxes this past weekend using OLT, had a small amount due. One of the final steps before submitting the return was an option to provide your banking information for the stimulus check, I haven't received my check yet so filled it out. The IRS already pulled the taxes due from my checking account, will wait and see if it speeds up the stimulus payment.

We received our $2400 via direct deposit early last week. (For me and my wife; we have two kids, but both are 17 and over...)
I filed our 2019 taxes using TaxAct in mid-February (no refund, we paid a few thousand using direct withdrawal form our checking account).

I was able to submit my bank account last week and have logged in to the IRS "Get My Payment" twice a day, once in the evening, once in the morning. However, today when I tried to login in, it told me to come back in 24 hours as (1) there is a problem with my information or (2) I am checking to often (??)

Is anyone else seeing this?

Sergio, the website says that the info is only updated 1x day (at night). I just read an article (sorry, did not note the site) that quoted IRS officials saying that if you just updated your banking info and are eligible to receive a stimulus, you will receive it in the next couple of days. Checks begin going out next week. So, hopefully, Sergio, myself, and others that just used the banking update site will see their stimulus by the weekend.

the wife just told me she got an email from her credit union where her ss check is deposited that her stimulus will show up between 10 days to two weeks. I assume they are starting to follow the ss direct deposits.

Curious- of those that received the refunds, what were circumstances? Wondering if there is a pattern to who received it.

For us, refunds were applied to the next year quarterly payments. Husband on SS, I am not yet. Had filed 2019 taxes in Feb. Have entered deposit info in IRS site April 15 and no update as to when we will get the deposit. No stimulus yet.

DD and family filed 2018 returns but have not yet filed 2019. They received a refund in 2018. Received stimulus April 15.

DM filed 2019 return in Feb, applied refund to the quarterly, and is on SS. Has not (and will not) entered account info on IRS site, but site gives message they need account info. No stimulus yet, She is on SS but will wait for paper check.

Sergio, the website says that the info is only updated 1x day (at night). I just read an article (sorry, did not note the site) that quoted IRS officials saying that if you just updated your banking info and are eligible to receive a stimulus, you will receive it in the next couple of days. Checks begin going out next week. So, hopefully, Sergio, myself, and others that just used the banking update site will see their stimulus by the weekend.

I updated my banking info on the first day the website was available and no direct deposit yet. We don't actually need the check but it was not delivered in a couple of days as the IRS official said.

I was able to submit my bank account last week and have logged in to the IRS "Get My Payment" twice a day, once in the evening, once in the morning. However, today when I tried to login in, it told me to come back in 24 hours as (1) there is a problem with my information or (2) I am checking to often (??)

Is anyone else seeing this?

I haven't seen this, but it has been reported by many on the internet that trying too often will trigger their system to "lock you out" until the next day (or maybe for 24 hours).

2018 Fed Return refund applied to 2019 (no banking info on the return).
2019 Fed Return accepted 4-5-2019. Had smaller amount refunded to bank.
Checked website early on and received error message for a week or so.
Checked website 4-20-2020 and received green light for bank deposit.
Bank deposit for max stimulus payment received.

What some are missing is that without your 2019 Fed filing (and maybe with it), this is a crapshoot. As soon as I started reading of these problems in the thread, I stopped slow-rolling my 2019 return and finalized that, with banking information.

2018 Fed Return refund applied to 2019 (no banking info on the return).
2019 Fed Return accepted 4-5-2019. Had smaller amount refunded to bank.
Checked website early on and received error message for a week or so.
Checked website 4-20-2020 and received green light for bank deposit.
Bank deposit for max stimulus payment received.

What some are missing is that without your 2019 Fed filing (and maybe with it), this is a crapshoot. As soon as I started reading of these problems in the thread, I stopped slow-rolling my 2019 return and finalized that, with banking information.

I'm similar, but different. Owed money in 2018. 2019 Fed return accepted same day as you, refund direct deposited. Received $1200 in account on 4/15 (NOTE: married filed jointly so either my or my wife's $1200 seems to be in limbo). Never gotten any info from the website, always getting "Cannot determine your eligibility at this time"

Curious- of those that received the refunds, what were circumstances? Wondering if there is a pattern to who received it.

For us, refunds were applied to the next year quarterly payments. Husband on SS, I am not yet. Had filed 2019 taxes in Feb. Have entered deposit info in IRS site April 15 and no update as to when we will get the deposit. No stimulus yet.

DD and family filed 2018 returns but have not yet filed 2019. They received a refund in 2018. Received stimulus April 15.

DM filed 2019 return in Feb, applied refund to the quarterly, and is on SS. Has not (and will not) entered account info on IRS site, but site gives message they need account info. No stimulus yet, She is on SS but will wait for paper check.

We both receive SS. Filed 2019 return mid-March. Received Federal refund 04/01. Received stimulus deposit for $2,400 and SS on 04/13 (SS received 2 days early. That's never happened before.).

2018 Fed return had a refund direct deposit to our checking.
2019 Fed accepted return on 2/22/20 with payment due that was direct debit from checking

When IRS website went live last week we showed no bank info so we entered it. We check every day and the same message:
"You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page. We will deposit your payment to the bank account below"... gives our account number blah blah etc.

I read an article that if you don't get a DD this week you will get a paper check on the AGI schedule. Crapshoot.

I haven't seen this, but it has been reported by many on the internet that trying too often will trigger their system to "lock you out" until the next day (or maybe for 24 hours).

Thanks. Now that I know the information is updated overnight, I'll only check once in the morning.

Since you applied your refund toward next year’s taxes, I would be interested to know whether you checked “refund” or “owed” on the form and what amount you used. We applied our refund and I can’t get the site to accept our info.

Back
Top Bottom