Tax/Financial Planning Software

dixonge

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm trying to do some estimates for the next decade or so. I've already estimated income and investment return, but I really need to expand. I need a way to estimate returns based on monthly contributions and monthly interest. I also want to test different tax scenarios.

Google is letting me down, so far. Is there any sort of software, online calculator or spreadsheet that would allow me to do this?

I expect your goal of granularity down to the monthly level will be a challenge.

This blog writer uses the term "high fidelity" when comparing various retirement calculators:

The Best Retirement Calculators - Can I Retire Yet?

If you have substantial assets and need to fine-tune a tax or withdrawal strategy in retirement, or you want to model a range of future life events and compare alternative courses of action, use a high-fidelity calculator.

Monthly? No. Why bother with monthly?

I will be making monthly contributions. My January contribution may gain 7% APY by year end, my December contribution will not. I guess after the first year that would begin to average out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be making monthly contributions. My January contribution may gain 7% APY by year end, my December contribution will not. I guess after the first year that would begin to average out?...

You're trying to leash the ants. Assuming your monthly contributions are the same each month you could take 7% * 1/2 of your contributions and get an answer that is close enough.

Focus on the elephants.

Back
Top Bottom